SaltCritters.com

New Minibow 7

Warboz

Domino_Tang

well seems like your be very careful... yea well after you tank has went cycled you can .. add on a sump or refugium i reccomend a sump with a filter pad wich can easily be made out of a 10 gallon tank

if ya wanna know how to make it drop by vist my page leave a message also i know how to make over flows ect.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ninhsavestheday

sps would be fine under 32watt if its placed right on top under the light, but it wouldnt color up like it wouldnt under halide.

It is right up top and is keeping its color nicely, I havn't seen much growth from it yet but I can hope. I got an AC 300 for a fuge and have yet to mod it onto my tank yet. I've been busy with finals but hopefully I'll get around to it soon.

spongebillyboi

add animals to produce ammonia.. i don't agree with bacteria in a bottle products or straight ammonia. use nemo, or some other random dammsels.. ask your LFS for water.., mine has given me 50 gallons altogether to start 2 20 gal and one 10 gal.. that plus live rock will cycle your tank in about a month or less :)

I don't quite know what you are saying SpongeBillyBoi. I have 2 Baby Clownfish that get along great , both about 3/4 in. long. They will eventually get moved to a bigger tank when I get one but they are happy right now. Ammonia in a bottle? I havn't used it and don't want to.

• 4 weeks later...
HobokenAddict

I noticed on your rock you have some considerable white growth on the live rock in the beginning of this thread. What is it? I've just started my minibow cycle and I am noticing quite a fast growth of white growth, and some new red and purple out of what appears to be old coralline.

Flananuts

The HobokenAddict

That white growth is old, or bleached out corraline I believe. If you look at a later photo of my tank you can see that it all turned a neon green, which is the beginning of corraline. Slowly it is spreading across and I have it growing on glass and all plastic parts now.

HobokenAddict

That's good to hear. I can' t wait to see what grows back in it's place. Thanks for the info

Flananuts the HobokenAddict

Archived