ReefCleaners.org

New Minibow 7

Warboz

You need some more test kits before you start dosing supplements. Without anything consuming elements, you shouldn’t need to dose anything.

However, you mentioned coralline growth. You should get quality test kits for alkalinity and calcium. B-Ionic is a good two-part buffer.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mmmm, my Astrea are loving this diatom bloom/hair algea on my glass, this one guy has been eating for at least 6 hours straight! More of a mini bloom, nothing to be concerned with yet.

Just thought I'd post a quick update about my 7. Went down to Cincy had a meeting with some of the other minibow guys and had some good times.

Diatom/Algea cycle I think is complete and the cleanup crew is kicking butt. Things look nice and clean. Hermits aren't going postal on my snails yet and most of them have switched shells with the ones I put in.

Coreline (sp.) is starting to come back in purple and green, green up top which isn't algea because it can't be whiped off and purple down on the right.

Added a couple of new corals: Hairy Shroom, possibly a ric or another small hairy shroom, Candy Cain, GSP, and some zoo's. Big thanks goes to rklutts for many of the frags and to rodzuf for the shroom.

P.S.: Still working on my photography skills...

Here's the whole tank:

• 3 weeks later...

Here's some new frags I put in. :) Things are still a bit upset in this picture and closed, but you get the idea. Here's a quick recap.

I have a few other things, Neon Green Sinularia and some more Zoo's that aren't yet posted. Hopefully I will get to that sometime soon and they will be open when I do. Had to replace the Sinularia and it is closed trying to reattach it's stalk. Zoo's are opening slowly.

Any comments please!

Thanks in advanced.

Tank after Phisy Business Nano Pack:

Was told this was a Ricordia, but...I have my doubts. I hope this is bleached and the color will come back, was told it is green and you can sort of see it towards the base.

ReeferMonkey

Looking good! I'm curious to see how the SPS holds up under 32w of PC. I'm trying to be happy with the 32w on my 7 and not jump overboard and buy a 70w MH. I'll definately be looking forward to updates!

Thats exactly why I got it, I said ehh $10 alright its worth a shot. So far it's extended and looks happy. Also, it's at the highest point in my tank that I could put it on, to get as much of that 32w as possible.

ReeferMonkey

Overall are you pretty happy with the frag pack from Phishy Business? I browsed their site and the nano-pack looks like a pretty good deal. There are a couple of things in it that I wouldn't really want (xenia, namely), but all in all it looks like a good selection. I'm looking forward to seeing pics of the sinularia.

Yes, I am pleased with the selection he has. All you need to do is specify which you do not want and what you do want. If you say I like Ricordia and Zoo's you will get some great colored zoo's and rics, the ric I got is huge, and though bleached I hope it comes back a brilliant green. I got some great color zoos: Orange with Golden Centers, Green with Green centers, Brown with Orange centers, Orange with Orange centers. The only this he doesn't include are blue and pinks, unless he has a bunch in I guess. If you specify it maybe he will put them in.

The sinularia is coming back to life slowly and is beginning to re-extend. It look's really cool when full extended and hopefully it will attach and extent out within the week.

Also, he gave me some orange and blue mushrooms which at first seemed small to medium. Now they are open and are HUGE. The blue one slipped into a hole in my rock but sometime it will come back huge, I can see it when I look over top my tank.

In conclusion, yes, it is a good deal with what you get and the price. You will not get doubles and if you specify things he will most likely include them.

His SPS selection is amazing thats why I decided to go with one, I knew it would be healthy and it may just have a shot. It is still opened up and looks good, I don't know the growth rate on these but I will update once a month or so.

Edit: And some of his shroom's he gave me have a bunch of flat worms I believe =/. Be sure if you order to look at the peices well and FW dip if you must.

Archived