Pod Your Reef

My 10 gallon nano (large pics!)

denbigh97

denbigh97,

by the way your tank looks it appears you have everything under control. I somewhat agree with the other PETA ppl *****in' at you, but to each his own. :) I personally would have chosen a clown because I luv watching their rtelationship with anemones. BTW, when you move the tang what, if any, are you going to replace it with. Also, I was curious as to what clean up crew you have?

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by zizmans

Dood you are an idiot!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yellow tangs get 8" you moron.

Do us all a favor and don't post anymore pics of your tank. You are a joke!

Ok, now that's out of my system.......Please dear sir, read about the requiremnts of your inhabs before buying them. Your fish and the aquarium community will thank you. Best of luck :)

You are so such a biggot.

Anyways, I have seen this tank in person. Every fish and coral in this tank could not be happier. Even the alevopora (sp). It was hugely extended and waving about.

If you think a tang in a 10 is bad, I plan on adding a powder blue/hippo to a 20.

So..

STICK THAT IN YOUR PIPE AND SMOKE IT!

Give the guy some credit. Geesh.

btw mike - Awsome tank. Hope the 20 looks just as good as the now gone 10 :D

If that is foam on that PH in the left corner of the first pic there is your nitrate prob (foam pads become nitrate factories). Nice aquascaping with some open room on the right. How do you like the coralife light, is yours the 2-actinic 2-10k? You have a float switch, is this an autotopoff?

:P im not gonna complain ive made poor choices but a 10 is way to small for a fast grower,big eater that gets about 7-9 inches.

a 5 foot tank is recommended.but if your gonna swap him into a larger tank i think its fine because i keep triggers in a 55 until they get huge and i trade em for smaller ones.i had a clown trigger grow 6 inches in almost as many months.

Denbigh97 - I think your tank is lovely. Nice photography. I'm not going to jump on the bandwagon and fuss at you. I think as long as you realize this is a temporary home for many of your animals then you are okay. I'm not sure if this has been said or not (I started just skimming when the posts were getting just *****y) but be careful adding too many things at once. I noticed your tank is only 3 months old. Beware that you will probably go through a couple more cycles before everything is stable (hence, the nitrate problem).

That said - enjoy your tank!

This is why I like to post late, to see what peoples plans are for fish and corals, etc...

I agree with absolutc on this, he has a BEAUTIFUL TANK period.

Man, I get lots of ideas from watching what other people do, everything looks great with good color all over. :)

Congrats on a nice tank and keep it up, now your addicted - planning on a bigger tank, than a bigger, and so on I love how this hobby ensnares us all.

Saying someone is an idiot because they said putting a tang in a 10 gallon tank is crazy, is crazy. Tangs do need bigger tanks than a 10 gallon. There aren't many fish that you can put in a 10 gallon. I appluad your nads? Mature comment. Don't worry about the fish, your LFS has more. That's ridiculous. If you are in this hobby you should try to make the fish happen and give them a good environment. Think about this, I could keep you alive in a closet. All I would have to do is give you food and water. I could keep you chained in there with duct tape over your mouth. You'd be alive in 6 months, but would you be happy? I didn't think so.

REEFJUNKY -

That picture is hilarious! :D

Not to hijack the thread or nuffin, but all you VA peeps - I was thinking of starting a Va reef club called - RAMS (richmond area marine society). What do you all think?

Personally, I don't think a club in DC/MD called WAMAS qualifies as a VA club. I sure as hell don't want to drive up there again. I want a VA club. Not a va/dc/md club. So, anyone intrested or have any ideas?

Originally posted by AbSoluTc

Every fish and coral in this tank could not be happier.  Even the alevopora (sp).  It was hugely extended and waving about.

BWAHAHAHA!!!!!

Some of you guys are out of control.

MODERATOR PLEASE CLOSE THIS THREAD OR SOMETHING...MEMBERS SHOULD NOT BE TALKING TO EACH OTHER LIKE THAT. WE SUPPOSE TO HELP EACH OTHER TO BE SUCCESSFUL WITH OUR NANO REEFS.

Thanks,

hey man nice tank. I have a 10 gallon which i've had for a couple months now and i was thinking of adding a third fish in there. right now i have a yellow tail damsel and a green chromis. how fast do these guys actually grow?

your sun coral is definately dying! i have kept several before i got it right and that is how they look when they are going downhill. and im not saying that just because the polyps are closed. the color and the fact that the base has lost all the orange are classic signs of bad things to come. how often are you target feeding it?? should be about every 2-4 days for optimum health. mine really like baby brine, but they will eat anything their "tentacles" will grab. shhoting a little phyto it's way wont hurt either. again, it is dying. just trust me!

Archived