Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Uncle JT's 17g ADA 60-P

UncleJT

Thanks Aminal - I am meeting a friend at Skiptons on Sunday for a few frags. I might bring home a six line as well if they have any. Corals coming soon .

Camera fun continues... :lol:

inwmdg.jpg

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Today, I broke down and ordered a protein skimmer for this tank. schg wrote recently "I have given up on the idea of keeping equipment invisible" and I think I am going to follow suit. I want lots of SPS in this tank and would like to run a full-on Zeovit system instead of just running the zeolite media passively in my canister so a skimmer is essential.

Tomorrow, I am meeting a friend at Skipton's Pet Center to pickup some corals he has been holding for me. Skipton's is supposedly one of the nicest stores in Massiveshiats (sorry, NH native here) so I may come home with a few other items while I am there.

Moar photos tomorrow night!

Added some nice corals today. Some of the pics are out of focus and I can't pick up the blue tips on the Steve Elias Stag with my cheap camera. Will try to get some better shots tonight once the sun goes down.

Acropora verde (ORA Verde) - Courtesy of KSC from BRS

new1.jpg

Montipora sp. (RHCP Montipora) - Purchased from Skipton's in Boston

new3.jpg

Montipora spumossa - Purchased from Skipton's in Boston

new5.jpg

Scolymia sp. - Purchased from Unique Corals

new4.jpg

Acropora sp. (Steve Elias Stag) - Courtesy of KSC from BRS

new2.jpg

Thanks Aminal. I wish my lighting could bring out the red polyps of the RHCP Montipora better but without actinics I just can't make those kind of colors *pop*.

What fixture do you have?

It's just a 175W SE Iwasaki 14KK halide in a mogul pendent. I love how the Iwasaki looks to the eye and the PAR is great but I miss having some actinic poppage. I think I'm going to try adding some Par 38 blues next month.

Quick Update...

Although a couple months out, some changes will be coming. A guy in our local club is selling a new, rimless, 40G semi-cube for a nice price so I just agreed to purchase it. I will be going down early next week to pick it up. So what does this mean?

Well, I really miss having a sump so the new tank will be setup for SPS and this ADA 60-P, when everything is moved over, will be drilled and plumbed into the same system and I will be stocking it with an anemone and a pair of clowns. B) I'll have to build a stand, buy a sump, skimmer, and some more lights so it will probably be a couple months before I can do all of this.

Meanwhile, everything in this ADA is doing well.. still going through some diatom crap but it isn't that bad. The rocks are staying clean, most of the diatoms are on the glass and substrate. SPS all have good polyp extension and the scolymia is doing well. I am, however, concerned about the zoanthids.. they haven't opened up well in a few days. A few on one side of the rock will open up, then close, and some on the other side of the rock will open and the cycle continues. They haven't all been opened at once like the used to for a couple days now.

Anyway, that is all.. back to trolling AM's thread.. :lol::P

• 5 months later...

Archived