Pod Your Reef

Uncle JT's 17g ADA 60-P

UncleJT

Went to the LFS again today and brought home some more live rock. I think I am finally happy with the aquascape and it's time to let it set in for a bit and see what kind of cycle I get. I am debating moving the Vortech to the other end of the tank though. We'll see.

Final Aquascape (I think) -- It is probably too minimalistic for some of you but I like the low rockwork so I can grow a couple tall staghorn acropora.

o8ewox.jpg

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just received a nice shipment of pods, mud, and sand from IPSF to seed the tank with. Here is a picture of the sand, circled is one of the larger amphipods.. circled it for size reference, my camera can't pick up any more detail than that.

2ur2z61.jpg

reeftankguy

Cant believe I missed this ADA build, just read it today and it is Looking great!

(subscribed) B)

Thanks guys, the tank looks like it is doing real well and my pod population is totally crazy now.. it's really freaky at night when I am searching around with the flashlight.

This morning, I added a really cheap small colony of some basic zoanthids to "test the waters" and see if the tank might be ready for some other things as well. The zoas have only been in the tank for 30 minutes but have started opening well already. I think this is a good sign. B) The zoas are nothing exciting, especially under my halide only setup but they were cheap.

2wc16dj.jpg

I've already bought another coral as well but it is going to a friends house first for him to hold.

A couple days ago, Unique Corals received a shipment of nano sized Scolymias and one just had a certain look and color to it that I wanted for this tank. Luckily my friend also saw one he liked a lot so we are combining shipping and he is going to hold mine for me til my tank is ready. I am getting this red one and he is getting this orange one. Can't wait!

Is it just me or does it have even more polyps? :o

It's just opened up a bit more today I think.. it looks really nice although the colors are boring. However, I think I have some red planaria on it. I'm going to go to the LFS tomorrow and pick up some dip for it. grr.

Definitely flat worms on that zoanthid rock.. just pulled a bunch off manually (outside of the tank of course) and will dip it again tomorrow.. I should be able to limit any explosions I hope. Little bastids!

Aminal, if you are still following.. check it..

I received some Flatworm Exit today so I decided to give that Zoanthid rock a little dip rather than treat the whole tank since I hadn't noticed any planaria on any other rocks (yet). Boy, I am glad I did. Check this high-res pic of the results. :o

Bored and, therefore, playing with the camera again. I can't wait to add some more corals to the system. I should be adding a few things Sunday morning however. B)

2rd7oro.jpg

animalmaster6
Aminal, if you are still following.. check it..

I received some Flatworm Exit today so I decided to give that Zoanthid rock a little dip rather than treat the whole tank since I hadn't noticed any planaria on any other rocks (yet). Boy, I am glad I did. Check this high-res pic of the results. :o

omgomgomg:o:eek::unsure::scarry:

Looking forward to seeing the new additions B)

Here is a current FTS as of a few minutes ago, still playing with the camera trying to get nice shots. Nothing fancy happening yet but no problems either. Tank is going through a minor diatom bloom along with some coraline bleaching but all of this is typical for a new tank, nothing to worry about.

3buc0.jpg

Archived