Pod Your Reef

upgraded to a 20H

Kassun

The tubes are a surface skimmer for my aqua clear 500 I moded out into a refugrium.:) It keeps the surface very clean . Without it there is a film that gathers at the top.

Kassun

That's a sweet looking tank Kassun! Everything's grown in very well, particularly the coralline on the rock. How's that AC 500 working for you?

Best,

Phil

Keep your fingers cossed on that carpet anemone not moving dude. Those carpets are very powerful stingers. But it looks very nice. As a matter of fact I didn't know that 2 clowns can host the same anemone. I always saw them kinda greedy. I might get another clown then.

ur tank looks real good!! i have a 12g nano cube and was wondering if you could advise me as to what anemones/corals would be good for my tank. i want some that are hardy and that don't move around too much because my rock is not totally secure... all suggestions and photos are greatly appreciated

Jaffa: Unfortunatly my scooter passed due to an arrow crab. I was pretty upset. I looked in my tank a month ago just before I went to bed and saw the arrow crab carring him off. I used my dowl stick, but it was to late:( .

ChloroPhil: The ac500 is doing great. I couldn't be happier. I have a fair amount of calapra growing in it that I have to trim down every few weeks or so.

Cesar: The anemone has moved towards to back of the tank on the side. So far so good. I have a 5.5 gal tank all rdy for next month when my fiance and I move out. I am going to move the goby into it. Of course it is on the 3rd floor which is always great :). Last time i moved it was 4 hours away so this move won't be bad becasue it is only 5 min away form here.

catdeezo: I am not a anemone expert, but ppl have told me that a rose bulb anemone is a good choice. It all depends on what type of clowns you want to have. Mushrooms, xena, button polyops, and zoos have worked for me. I have a candycane that has more than quadrupled in size over the pas six months.

I'll take some pics when we move, it always fun because as much as you plan and take pic's the aqua scaping is never the same:)

Thanks for the replys, glad you guys like our tank.

Kassun

• 4 weeks later...

18 Oct 04

I finially upgraded to a MH 175w 20K thanks to mnreefgeek . What a difference it makes. I built a new hood for our new 29g for when we move Nov 1st. So there is a bit of an overhang on our 20 at the moment.

Went down to Mankato to Pets and Fish and even up traded our Green Carpet Anemone for a Rose Bulb. My clows for the first day were looking at it saying you have got to be kidding, because it's only 3in and the carpet was pushig over a foot in diameter.

Sold all my yellow polyps and a frag of my candycane this weekend. So my tank is looking a bit bare. I have 20lbs of fuji premium purple LR coming in this friday. The LFS in Northfield is Aquatic Pets. The sw tanks aren't all that great but they have good prices. I paid $5.50 per/lb for the rock. Else where it is usually $10-$15. I'll post some pics of the rock when I get it. Any way here are some pics of our tank with the new lighting.

Kassun

clowns_anemone.jpg

full_tank.jpg

lighting_hood.jpg

tank_1.jpg

Archived