Innovative Marine Aquariums

upgraded to a 20H

Kassun

Well finially I have upgraded from a 11 gal via-aqua to a 20 gal H with alot of help from my girlfriend. :), The transition and move was very easy. I used my exhisting 10 gal of sw and bought 2 premixed bags of sw from petco. I hate petco, but it did save some time (didn't have to much), wasn't very cost effective $18 for 10 gal, the water tested out perfect. It was Catalinia Water. Today my girlfriend bought a blenny for the tank. Enjoy, I will have so better pics up this week. I need to add a larger clean up crew next week when i get paid :)

20 gal H

12 lbs LR

20 lbs LS

powersweep 200

ebo 100w

casade HOB filter w/sponge

coralife 24" light

candycane coral

sponge

finger leather

purple mushrooms

red mushrooms

hairy mushroom

button polyops

1 - nasa snail

1 - blue legged hermit

1 - red legged hermit

1 - scooter blenny

Kassun

That's not bad..... I like how the rocks aren't all over your side walls, a little more realistic IMO. Can you get a closer pic of the rock work??

:teehee:Luke:teehee:

so he has places for corals to go? he has a little bit but witht hat big of a tank hes gonna want more rock than that for coral placement

simbo, It most likely will happen. Plus, more rock adds to the biological filter. and Like slo said, place for corals. He doesn't have to get so much it's leaning against the walls.

Yes I know, but rockwork is all about preferance and it looks like Kassun and I have about the same opinion on rock unless he just couldn't afford to get anymore of it at the time??? . LoL, just messing.

Bio filter is good... but you can usually add rock into a container seperate to the tank, unless you have space issues. I have a 75 gallon plumbed into my 5 gallon reef, so I don't need a lot of rock in my 5 gallon for the bio filter, you know what I mean:D .

:teehee:Luke:teehee:

I am poor:) like so many of us in this hobby. I ordered a CustomSeaLife PowerCompact/Moon-Lite Fixture CL1713 24.5" x 8.4" x 4.5" 2 - 65W + 2 - Moon-Lite. Just made a refugium out of an aquaclear 500. I am waiting for the goop to dry, it says 24hr so the wait is on :(. Here are some closer pics

Kassun

got a ton of frags over the past few days, and bought a 2x65 10k/Antic 130w coralife lite from a person from reefcentral today. More live rock is on its way, enjoy,

Kassun

• 2 months later...

got rid of the lps fro store credit and bought some zoos a shroom and a few others. This is an old pic, should have something new up in a few days. The xena has split 4 times, candycane several, it's all madness:).

Kassun

• 2 months later...

Here are some update pics. The zoo's, mushrooms, and candycane's have been multipling like crazy. The brain when i got it was 1/2 dead and now has come back with a vengance. Xena has been making it's way up to the top. I got rid of my powersweep because it was becoming a snail death trap. Replace it with a rio 180 which I am very happy with. I have a moded Aqua Clear 500 refugruim on the back too.

enjoy,

Kassun

tank_sm.jpg

tank_sm_1.jpg

tank_sm_2.jpg

tank_sm_3.jpg

• 2 months later...

Here are some updated tank pics. Sept_2004. I purchased a Green Carpet Anemone a few days ago because for the last month my clowns have been desperitly looking for a host :) They would sleep on my candycanes or the toad stool at night :)

I was pretty fortunate, as soon as I put the anemone in they dove right inside. I aslo lucked out because the LFS sold me the clowns as False Perks, but they are ture Perks, so I saved some $$. I would like to breed them, but that will come in time and from what I have read it is alot of work.

Some other updates :) Due to a power outage (10 hours), I lost a couple of my Candycane heads and a shroom. I upgraded my heater to overkill a 200w in a 20 gallon, but the temp stays consistant now with the air-conditioner running all the time.

I am looking at adding in some more LR in the next few weeks because I wanted to designate a safe spot for the Anemone. Hopefully it will stay where it is (fingers crossed :) ).

enjoy,

Kassun

Archived