Innovative Marine Aquariums

Nanolax's ADA 60-P Rimless Reef

nanolax

Does anybody have a recommendation on a decent point and shoot camera? I've been using an old fujifilm Finepix and have been meaning to upgrade for a while...

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
DimePieceReef

Nice scape and tank dude! It's as clean as ice! I like the rimless look too. Sick. Jealous I am.

BTW-Get my man clowny a friend!

Thanks!

I think $250 and below would be a good starting point for me

Well this would give you the best bang for your buck The Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX3. You could get it used for $300-350 on ebay.

Well this would give you the best bang for your buck The Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX3. You could get it used for $300-350 on ebay.

Thanks i like the features! i was looking at the canon s90 for a while too. What are your views on that model?

Well thats a tough choice...Well the one advantage the Lumix has is it can shoot HD video(720p@24 fps) and the canon only shoots standard video. But its really subjective. If you can try both of them out and see which one you like best..For me personally id take the Panasonic..

Well thats a tough choice...Well the one advantage the Lumix has is it can shoot HD video(720p@24 fps) and the canon only shoots standard video. But its really subjective. If you can try both of them out and see which one you like best..For me personally id take the Panasonic..

Hmm that's true. Good advice, I will let you know which one i decide on. Thanks again ;)

Probably because they were having too much fun with the wave feature.

Hhaha, yep you are exactly right

Tank looks great.

I like your idea of just letting a few species of coral dominate the tank.

I ordered the 15k bulb w/ my space light, but after looking at your's and vic's tank, I hope I made the right choice.

Tank looks great.

I like your idea of just letting a few species of coral dominate the tank.

I ordered the 15k bulb w/ my space light, but after looking at your's and vic's tank, I hope I made the right choice.

Thanks yours is coming along quite nicely as well..the aquascape looks great

By 15k i am assuming you got the XM 15K ? I have no experience with that particular bulb but my XM 20k after the break-in period appears bright white with a slight hint of blue. I prefer bluer than what it provides but the few corals that I have right now have colored up quite a bit under them anyway. Overall the quality is definitely there. What were you looking for in a bulb exactly?

Yes, I meant the XM. I usually go for about a 14-15k look, but I've never had XM bulbs before, only Phoenix.

I was looking at bulbs and saw that radium has a 20k. I'd be interested to see how that looks.

Yes, I meant the XM. I usually go for about a 14-15k look, but I've never had XM bulbs before, only Phoenix.

I was looking at bulbs and saw that radium has a 20k. I'd be interested to see how that looks.

I have seen the phoenix 14k in person and I like it a lot better than the 20k XM i have now. It will definitely be my next bulb. Just from what i have read, the radium is a good choice as well. here's a good link:

radium 20k vs phoenix 14k

Over the week I saw some hitchhikers in my tank that I couldn't identify

4579700449_3748c366d5.jpg

4579693691_bfa7596f55.jpg

Can anyone id these two?

the first one is some sort of nudibrach that is probably bad but i would get some other input. as for the other hitchhiker it looks like a chiton which is most likely good. :)

the first one is some sort of nudibrach that is probably bad but i would get some other input. as for the other hitchhiker it looks like a chiton which is most likely good. :)

thanks weeber

Wow those are awesome hitch hikers.

I'm receiving a radium 20k bulb on Friday so I'll post some comparison pics. Did you choose what bulb you wanted with yours? When I ordered mine I just specified 20k over 10k (which was the only choice back then, this was 2 years ago). I don't even know the brand of bulb I have.

Wow those are awesome hitch hikers.

I'm receiving a radium 20k bulb on Friday so I'll post some comparison pics. Did you choose what bulb you wanted with yours? When I ordered mine I just specified 20k over 10k (which was the only choice back then, this was 2 years ago). I don't even know the brand of bulb I have.

Hey vic,

I ordered my aquamedic spacelight through hellolights.com a few months ago, because it was on sale for 230 or so. The only downside was that it came in a package deal with xm bulbs only...I couldn't choose another brand. Here's a link.

link

So i basically bit the bullet and ordered the light with the xm 20k, just cause overall i felt like i was getting a pretty good deal (i saw the same light on marine depot paired with an AB bulb for S350). Plus i knew that xm bulbs are pretty decent even though they are not on the top of the list of bulbs for most reefers.

I think you made a good choice with the radium. Can't wait to see your new pics, your tank has been looking great!

Interesting, you probably got the better deal with the XM bulb then. I paid significantly more than $230, that's for sure :lol:

Oops I came across these pics that are from waayy back...they are pointless to add at this point but ill do it anyway :)

Setting up stand, empty tank, and light fixture

4599704437_cf2a3356eb.jpg

soft curing live rock

4596818766_3de7424858_b.jpg

Few new pics:

hitchiker palythoa colony: they were browned out when I got the live rock, but they recently turned bright green.

4604783717_360300aed0.jpg

tongan fighting conch keeping the sand bed bright white

4599758311_161d2ca0c1.jpg

orange montipora capricornis has colored up a bit and grew 1/8 in in the last few weeks

4604865725_f03170bfb8.jpg

FTS

4604853407_8771345216_o.jpg

Archived