inTank Media Baskets

11g Rimless Mantis Haven

Bamato

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Meengineer0128

Thats awesome man. I am thinking of doing a sump for my BC. Whats the max size that she gets???? I want to build a 10 g sump and do turf algea and have a mantis in there.

What type of mantis is this again? It looks sweet!!

Gonodactylus Smithii (purple spot mantis)

shes gonna accidentally do that and whack a hole in your glass :haha: :haha: omgomgomg

Thankfully the glass on the Mr. Aqua is a bit thicker than normal 10g glass tanks :)

She looks great! I'm glad that guy helped you out.

Yeah I really appreciate the heads up Justin!

Wow! What a cool tank! An amazing creature! What will you feed it?

Right now she is polishing off whats left of the cleaning crew. After that, probably bits of squid, silversides, and clam strips.

Thats awesome man. I am thinking of doing a sump for my BC. Whats the max size that she gets???? I want to build a 10 g sump and do turf algea and have a mantis in there.

She'll max out around 3.5 inches. 10 gallons would be plenty :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Oh she is beautiful, congrats! They are totally awesome critters! You think she's made a mess of your tank now...just you wait. It gets worse! :P

• 1 month later...

This girl kept me up all night on Monday... Wacking away at a snail I fed her to late. She wouldn't be satisfied until it was completely destroyed...

NaClCrocodile
This girl kept me up all night on Monday... Wacking away. She wouldn't be satisfied until it was completely destroyed...

Fixed. Oh, and that's going in my sig lmao.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Unfortunate news :( I've got to many tanks going, and there's a lot going on in my life right now thats out of my control. So unfortunately, you can find this girl in the classifieds section :( I'm going to miss her lots, but I'm on the verge of neglecting her, and I don't want that to happen to such a cool little gal :)

Archived