SaltCritters.com

Hypes Shallow ADA Lagoon

Rehype

• Replies 980
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I thought it looked like a red macro of some sort but wasn't sure...just so colorful and the shape of the growth is perfect.

I read back on your first page that you're using an Eheim 2213 with a mix of zeovit carbon, zeo rocks, and filter material that comes with the canister. Are you still running this mix? How often do you change the carbon/rocks?

I'm looking at either one of the Eheim canisters or a Rena XP in the near future.

Thanks adam

Yep im still running that mix(zeovit carbon,Zeo Rocks,eheim substrate pro,100 micron filter pad, phosphate removal pad and another filter pad) I replace everything except the zeorocks once a month.

Heres a quick pic of the setup

photo.jpg

ugh this tank makes me sick! how do you keep it soo clean?!? i wish mine looked that good. lol great work man!

Thanks alot gabe i clean the tank manually like once a month.

Did you loose a couple red spots?

Anyways looking great!

-Dave

Thanks Dave.Yep two of them jumped. It sucks because they were really healthy but since this tank is so shallow its kind of hard to avoid.

How's the gobies doing along with the dwarts

I actually lost the other minidart when i moved. Im not sure if im going to try again with them

Thanks for the information...and the picture of the "mix" to top it off. Given I'm a visual learner, the picture explains what I'm sure would have been my next question ;) .

Guest TheBlueLorax

There many beautiful tanks on here -_- but there are only a handful that make me soil my knickers this is one of them, very natural lookin :wub:omgomgomg

lol you guys are funny. Hey M i keep the vortech at around 25-40% on lagoon mode. Ill have a FTS shot uploaded by the end of the day.

:P

Ok thanks..I was wondering if I should move mine, but I guess not :lol:

Thanks for the information...and the picture of the "mix" to top it off. Given I'm a visual learner, the picture explains what I'm sure would have been my next question ;) .

Np bud. Im glad i could help clarify. I swear this mix will give you the some of the clearest water without the use of a skimmer... As well as undetectable nitrates.

There many beautiful tanks on here -_- but there are only a handful that make me soil my knickers this is one of them, very natural lookin :wub:omgomgomg

Thanks so much lorax its much appreciated.

:P

Ok thanks..I was wondering if I should move mine, but I guess not :lol:

I tried going a little bit higher but at that point i start having issues with the sand being blown around. Its an issue mainly because the tank is so shallow.

You know you are dealing with a professional when the light fixture has a bigger footprint than the tank, epics. B)

Did you make the stand holding the light or did you buy it?

I need to find a way to hang my lights. I like yours compared to the bent piping.

Did you make the stand holding the light or did you buy it?

I need to find a way to hang my lights. I like yours compared to the bent piping.

It looks like the light tree available from the cadlights artisan tank. I run them on my system 70...

Office1.jpg

By the way Rehype....you've inspired me to try my hand at an ADA 60-f. It will share some similarities with your but hopefully also have some differences as well. Hope it turns out half as nice as yours! Props for such a tight tank/setup.

It looks like the light tree available from the cadlights artisan tank. I run them on my system 70...

Office1.jpg

By the way Rehype....you've inspired me to try my hand at an ADA 60-f. It will share some similarities with your but hopefully also have some differences as well. Hope it turns out half as nice as yours! Props for such a tight tank/setup.

Yep the light tree is from cadlights. Its a a really nice fixtue. Hey tigh thats a pretty awesome elos you got setup. As a matter of fact your entire room setup is pretty sick.

Well im glad i could help give you some ideas. Im looking forward to seeing your build thread. Thanks alot for the complement man.

Looks beautiful Rehype :)

Thanks mirage :)

Super sleek and sexy setup man!!! Both you and TighTT have setups that are more than inspirational.

Thanks buddy :happy:

Archived