SaltCritters.com

Supernip Custom Cube

supernip

So did you really build that pump housing? It looks so professional.
Yup, I used a haas VF3 to machine it. Im rather proud of it. Not even ecotech has ever seen anything like it. It reroutes water very well and has enough room for media and a heater
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

currently scaping. Refusal to buy more rocks than what I already have is really hampering progress. I want to document this tank memento style. Backwards through set up, forward through growth

Pictures are added from the scaping progress and teasers of my DIY LED light.

notes on the scape: I wanted to go for an arch that overlapped the second boulder. I also wanted to make a deep ravine for a dramatic look after my corals have grown in. I should put my mspaint skills to work and draw out exactly what I was trying to do. The main effect, I guess, is to create a tank with a more dynamic light zones... er more shadows than your usual light-at-the-end-of-the-tunnel overlit and monotonously blinding sps tank.

Only the rock on the right in satisfactory to me. The left one is a place holder. My rockscape is far from complete.

Here are my inspirations:

2rh6zxg.gif

and well there was another tank i really liked on nr. I just cant find it atm

Looks great Nip.

I sent you a PM a while back but never heard back. I have something that I think you would really like! Also a question about your housing.

Anyways if you want just shoot me a PM. I just shot another to you.

Nip - No worries I just tried to send it.

Can you shoot me an email real quick? david@paintballcentral.com

Have a couple Q's for you.

-Dave

Looks great! The scaping a perfect for a 12" tank. Is that black sand I see?

Have you thought of any invert s to put in the tank? A few white spot anemone shrimp and a small school of Blue Eye Darts would look amazing in there.

1186497.jpg

-Dave

nah thats just the foam mat on the bottom of the tank. I already have 5 off those dart gobies on order at a LFS. Still not sure about livestock besides corals. I find that my tanks generally don't even need snails.

My corals are browning out in their temp set up and Im a bit anxious to transfer

Very cool. Did you see the small school of Mini Darts I have in my tank? Nan gobies are the best!

Shot you a follow up PM too.

Think by the weekend you will have it up and going? How are you hanging the light?

-Dave

Very nice scape. I love the rock overhangs like that. Hence my 10G.

What kind of rock is that? It looks like some good stuff.

dave, where do i find those blue-eyed cuties?

Eastern Europe for blue-eyed cuties in general. Quality marine for Tryssogobius colini. Will actually shoal with other small fishes in tank.

Tryssogobius-colini.jpg

Very nice scape. I love the rock overhangs like that. Hence my 10G.

What kind of rock is that? It looks like some good stuff.

Im not sure, ancient left over rock from previous tanks. The souls of the livestock past will feed the incoming overlords.

The tank is operational. I just need it to run a bit to clear up (trap) all the floating debris. I'm getting a gyre type, vertical, current with the mp10. Will post pics tomorrow

Great work on the light and pump housing. As a CNC guy my self, I appreciate the work, and its cool to see quality machine work applied to a reef tank. Also love the scape.

Cant wait to see it filled up. Do you have the five corals that you said you wanted to put in there already?

QM has the Blued eyed guys but I think they are out of stock of them now. Nips does the store have them too?

-Dave

Archived