Innovative Marine Aquariums

My 10g Piece Of the Reef

jarred1

dude really like your tank. SPS look sick. Hows that fishneedit t5 set up working? im looking at buying the same fixture for my 10g. Do you think its powerful enough for SPS or would it be better to buy the 4x24 fixture instead of the 2x24 fixture?

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

fixture is great, the bulbs that came with the fixture were ok but i suggest you get new bulbs. all of my sps are growing great, showing signs of growth.

thanks for the comments

Every thing looks great!!! Are you still running the "Fishneedit 2x24w T5HO" as your primary or only

lighting? We have ways of making you talk,so tell all you know :angry::o

they were looking great until i decided it was time to glue some frags to the rocks... the top rock fell over and broke my ora red planet and red digi... i hope they will be ok!

thank but it doesnt look the same anymore. the other night i was doing a water change and the top rock fell over and broke my ORA red planet and red digi and the green birds nest got damaged as well but not as bad, some of the flesh got scrapped off. Something also happened to my candy canes and they are dieing really fast right now and dont know what to do to help them. other than that everything is doing ok, i got the led strip when the t5's are off it makes the corals POP! but when the t5's are on they dont really do anything.

• 2 weeks later...

So my package from RapidLED arrived but they shorted me on an XR-E Royal Blue and a XR-E Cool White Q5, I notified them and they said they would ship it out ASAP but other than that everything looked great!

Here are some Pics:

DSCF6342.jpg

DSCF6343.jpg

DSCF6352.jpg

DSCF6353.jpg

DSCF6348.jpg

DSCF6349.jpg

DSCF6350.jpg

DSCF6354.jpg

DSCF6356.jpg

DSCF6357.jpg

Tomorrow I will be painting the box black and putting aluminum trim on the corners of the fixture.

Jarred

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Equipment:

* 10g AGA

* Penguin BioWheel 150

* Koralia 1 (400 GPH)

* Cheep heater

* DIY 48W LED Fixture

Livestock:

* Various Snails

* Percula Clown

* 7# Liverock

Corals:

* Zoanthids

* Palythoa

* Candy Cane Coral

* Various Mushrooms

* Ricordia Yuma

* Ricordia Florida

* Pulsing xenia

* Acan echinata

* Duncan

* ORA Green Birdsnest

* ORA Green Toadstool

i need to upgrade from my 10g to a 20 high and would like to see what everyone thinks i would need to get to upgrade from my 10g to a 20 high. any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

all the equipment listed is what i have on the tank now let me know what else you think i should need.

I would go with a 20 Long. They are shallower and you can get more light to everything easier and you have more horizontal space to play with and you can create several Islands that look awesome. Very cool job on the LEDs. I am thinking of getting one of the 3 watt LEDs we use for concerts and see how well it would light up my little 6 gallon and if they would work. Oh I would get an MP10 pump to have great movement in the tank. I am going to get one some day for mine.

thanks for the advice but i dont have enough room for a 20 long so i have to stick with the 20 high. lighting isnt an issue for this tank because im sure the leds are more than enough light. i cant get an mp 10 because im in college and it is out of the question for now. im thinking of geting another k1 or a k nano evolution. i also would like to find a used aquaclear 70 or 50 so i can make it into a fuge. what do you all think about those ideas?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived