Innovative Marine Aquariums

The Best Picture You've Ever Taken thread

Deleted User 6

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ok ok, back to the original rules. Post the 1 best picture you have. If you have more, start your own random pictures thread. maybe someone will look at it. if they don't, you probably suck at taking pictures.

you said yourself that it didn't have to be the technically best photo. if you leave the interpretation to the photographer, the 'best' photo will be constantly changing.

for example, this is my current favorite, from my vacation. despite the plain composition and the horrendous noise, there is emotion attached to it:

illuminated.JPG

This is seriously an awesome picture. With a little editing it would be wall hanging material.

I couldn't agree more Jason!

Amazing shot for sure...

Deleted User 6
you said yourself that it didn't have to be the technically best photo. if you leave the interpretation to the photographer, the 'best' photo will be constantly changing.

you're overthinking this one, imo.

so not as good as every one else's but the best iv done yet.

DSCN3988.JPG

also its lava damn it, he's lying.

I just posted this in the sexy shrimp thread, but I would say this is the best aquarium picture I have ever taken. It looks like he is about to jump over the edge.

IMG_8518.jpg

Took this on a big sailboat during sales club vacation in Puerta Vallarta. Always thought it was a cool picture with the sun coming out from behind the sail.

Boatsun.jpg

I'll add a couple to the list. :)

A favorite of friends and family:

IMG_1052.jpg

One of my favorites from my friend's wedding:

IMG_9534.jpg

• 1 month later...

DSC00128.jpg

do you use regular editing software to water mark your photos? i'm ready to go pro and I don't need my ish landing in nat-geo without my permission.

One of my Favorites. A single shot with my back pressed against a wall.

Took this with my Nikon F3 film camera and a 85mm F1.4 manual focus Nikkor AIS lens.

No post processing (or cropping).

1.jpg

DSC00128.jpg

do you use regular editing software to water mark your photos? i'm ready to go pro and I don't need my ish landing in nat-geo without my permission.

just use PS or LR....same software pros use

• 4 weeks later...

0921091451.jpg

I mostly like this because of how awesome my luck was. First off that was with my 3.2 mega pixel phone! It was on a windy day so the branch of the magnolia was all over the place and all I wanted was a pic of the cool caterpillar but it ended up being really nice.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
maushrooms

i don't know that it's the best,but by far my favorite and most emotive portrait i've taken. my 96 year old mom and her granddog

post-53949-1278251588_thumb.jpg

c_k_kuehne

One of my favorites. M42 & Running Man Nebula's.

247 minutes total exposure time taken over 3 nights. Shot through a Celestron 8" SCT telescope with Fastar lens using a Sony 3.3 Mega pixel Colour Super HAD CCD. Over 6 hours processing time.

M42_RM_SM_web.jpg

Archived