Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

New cube

Cheetos

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I couldn't see spending the extra money on the wireless right now. I heard it's only worth having if you have multiple vortechs. Besides I got a good price on this from marine depot!

Mr. Microscope

Cooool! I love that wavemaker. Did you see the commercial? Kinda funny.

Good luck. Should be great for everyone.

it is more efficient with more vortechs, but i am really wanting to see how clean it is on a rimless tank. lol. i cant justify spending the money on a regular vortech.

it is more efficient with more vortechs, but i am really wanting to see how clean it is on a rimless tank. lol. i cant justify spending the money on a regular vortech.

Upgrade mine to the wireless driver and I'll take lots of pics for ya! :lol:

I've been getting a nasty film on top of the water the last couple of days. I never had it in the 3 gal and this tank has been up for about three weeks now and I just started getting it. I don't have any fish or shrimp and I don't feed the corals anything. Anyone else dealing with this?

I've done 2 water changes in the past week and I have a lot of surface agitation from the AC70! I just added some carbon, so we'll see if that helps.

You need to to add surface skimming to remove the film. breaking the skin of the water is the only way to remove it all. adding flow will just clear one spot and push the rest to the edge. Love the setup by the way!!

You need to to add surface skimming to remove the film. breaking the skin of the water is the only way to remove it all. adding flow will just clear one spot and push the rest to the edge

Hey Chris! Nice of you to respond on one of your tanks! :P I modded the AC70 intake tube with a piece of pvc so it only sucks from the top. I understand the whole concept of proteins building up and forming on the surface, it's just that I never had this problem before on this tank or the 3 gal I had setup with pretty much the same corals. The only thing I've done different is the Tahitian Moon sand in this tank.

Took some more pics today!

The new MP10

DSC_0447.jpg

DIY surface skimmer for the AC70

DSC_0474.jpg

DSC_0475.jpg

The flow on the toadstool

DSC_0451.jpg

Newest addition

DSC_0453.jpg

DSC_0462.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I have some funky stringy algae growing on the glass so I added 5 more snails yesterday. They seem to be doing a pretty good job on it so far!

I think I'm getting into this hobby at the wrong time! I don't want to wait until the fall to check out Deli's tanks!!! Great looking tank and awesome lighting. What levels do you have the blue and white at? Even would be around 12K or so?

Archived