Pod Your Reef

ID on algae.. caulerpa ? Hair ?

Neto

I had some and 2 turbo snails in a 20 gallons took care of it in a few days. I had to give back the snails because after a few days they had nothing left to eat..those are real tornado.

I'd suggest you get a small, varied CUC (a few ceriths, astreas, trochus maybe, nerites, possibly a turbo) see if they'll chow down. If none of them will touch it at all, then consider more drastic measures like Kent Tech M. If it truly is bryopsis, it's poison to your CUC and they'll refuse to eat it.
tank has been setup for 1.5 months, but the rock was on my previous tank, which I had for 4+ years but it crashed so it had to re-cycle. I bought new sand and re-used the rock.

So new tank, new sand, new pumps, new sump.

thanks for responding!

it is actually turning kinda yellowish... I will have to double check today.

I will get a good cuc soon

I had them at the end of my cycle as well. Look back at the thread I linked in my earlier post. You'll see I had the same thing and an emerald crab ate it. Nothing to worry about.

I had them at the end of my cycle as well. Look back at the thread I linked in my earlier post. You'll see I had the same thing and an emerald crab ate it. Nothing to worry about.

Will do, thanks!

I will buy an emerald crab today.

So I bought 2 emerald crabs locally for $10 (great deal) and maann they are like a lawnmower!!! They started eating the stuff right away..

I will post pics of the progress tomorrow

So I bought 2 emerald crabs locally for $10 (great deal) and maann they are like a lawnmower!!! They started eating the stuff right away..

I will post pics of the progress tomorrow

WOOHOO!!!

meganistkrieg

Have the same stuff in my tank right now, but I'm definitely still cycling so I'm trying not to stress about it. Going to start manually picking it out today, and hope that once I get my media rack set-up (will cut out some of the nutrients it's feeding on) and my clean-up crew going, it won't be such a bother. Definitely following this thread to read further developments!

Have the same stuff in my tank right now, but I'm definitely still cycling so I'm trying not to stress about it. Going to start manually picking it out today, and hope that once I get my media rack set-up (will cut out some of the nutrients it's feeding on) and my clean-up crew going, it won't be such a bother. Definitely following this thread to read further developments!

I will post updates soon. I bought some astreas snails also to help. I did removed alot manually but I see the CUC working on it.

johnmaloney

knew it wasnt bryopsis...if you can get detail on the branching on the macro it might be something that can get a positive id for future reference

knew it wasnt bryopsis...if you can get detail on the branching on the macro it might be something that can get a positive id for future reference

Not tryin to threadjack but here is a more closeup of mine. I am wondering though if mine IS like his because everything I have put in the tank wont eat it.

DSC01564.jpg

johnmaloney

yours is closer to byropsis, but i am not sure it is either. definitely not the same algae as his, he has that snowflake like branching going on...not that I have ever seen snow or anything like that...

well Kent Tech-M dosing is seeming to start to work now that I have worked my way over the "1300" hump So no tellin ROFL

95% of mine is gone!!!!! I just added two emerald crabs, 2 astreas and mannnn those eat like piggggssssss....

The emeralds started eating the stuff right away, the astreas cleaned the back glass and the rocks.... They are still working though.

I will take pics soon.

BTW, I use Oceanic salt and its high on mg... So maybe thats why its working? Alot of it turned white (Dead)

Archived