Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Paul E. Wog's 10g sps Mixed Nano

Paul E. Wog

navyman_3703

absolutely stunning. i cant say enough about what you are doing. you have inspired me and many others to take reefing a step further. congrats!!

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
absolutely stunning. i cant say enough about what you are doing. you have inspired me and many others to take reefing a step further. congrats!!

WOW! what kind words. Thank you.

Thanks Curry. This is by far the nicest reef I have ever owned. I love it. Now that this tank is about done I kind of have my eyes set on a new project in the future if I can afford it. Haven't decided yet but I am thinking about either a Bubble tip anemone reef or getting a pair of Rhinopias scorpionfish.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I was going to let them settle in for a day but I just couldn't resist posting some pics. These guys have only been in the tank for about an hour now.

New red Maxi

Nano_Reef472.jpg

Couldn't get a great pick of this one. Reddish pink and green.

Nano_Reef476.jpg

Left to right. Red orange and pink mottled maxi, Blue with green rim, Electric Pink with green rim, Solid Metallic orange and my Solid black maxi that I have had for quite a while now hiding in the middle.

Nano_Reef487.jpg

Nano_Reef487.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Added two more maxis to the tank today. A mixed blue and purple and a ultra rainbow w orange, red, pink and green. Pics to come once they settle in.

This brings me to 39 maxis (I think). I really need to start a new tank lol. Hopefully soon.

• 3 weeks later...

Nice looking tank. Love them maxi nems. I am growing my collection of them too. Have to get yet another larger tank for them soon.

Cheers,

Alex

Thanks, I love em. I think my next tank will just be a maxi only tank. I have a few more not pictured so I will try to get some pics soon. The reef is officially packed out.

• 1 month later...

Wow, I never really knew they came in such an amazing array of colours. I'm gonna need to keep an eye out for others. I got some really tiny ones in my 10 gallon tank. Question. what is the difference between a mini and a maxi and the giant. I told one local fish store that I have m ini. s. tapetums and he said there were no such things as mini carpets.

Lol well the lfs store guy was obviously wrong.

IMO the so called mini mini and maxi mini nems are completely different sp. Mini minis split a lot and maxis dont or rarely do. Minis only get about 1.5" across but maxis can get to be around 5" across.

I am convinced that there is no end to the variability in the color of these guys. They are amazing!

Lol well the lfs store guy was obviously wrong.

IMO the so called mini mini and maxi mini nems are completely different sp. Mini minis split a lot and maxis dont or rarely do. Minis only get about 1.5" across but maxis can get to be around 5" across.

I am convinced that there is no end to the variability in the color of these guys. They are amazing!

What are the rough price ranges for the mini mini and the maxi mini? I'm just curious right now. I do have a sort of attraction to my ever hungry brood of mini's Mine hitch hiked in on a peice of live rock. was bleached out and reallly sad looking. TLC made it verry happy.

Look in the classifieds there are several posts there for them in the first 3 pages. they run 25-100 on average and usually around 65 anymore now that they are easier to come by. The mini minis are probably 10 a piece.

• 5 months later...
Paul E. Wog
happy birthday

Hey thanks Adin. Hit 30 so my life is officially over lol.

Reef is doing great. Upgraded to 3x boostLED PAR 30 reef lamps back in December. Really like them. I think I may add a 4th though. I will try and get some updated pics soon.

Archived