SaltCritters.com

Paul E. Wog's 10g sps Mixed Nano

Paul E. Wog

Paul E. Wog

Got some a bunch of new maxi minis since the last update bringing me up to a grand total of 25. Also added some zoas and pallys.

Here's the most recent FTS

Nano_reef333.jpg

My new Favorite Highlighter yellow maxi on the far right that I got the other day.

Nano_reef328.jpg

And my awesome new anemone shrimp

Nano_reef336.jpg

Yellow maxi under my T5 actinics

Nano_reef345.jpg

Most of my maxi mini collection

Nano_reef323.jpg

Maxis under actinics

Nano_reef344.jpg

And my super cool frag basket. I got a 3 pack of these office organizers from walmart for $1.00 to keep my frags in. I mounted it right under the overflow of my Backpack filter. It takes up very little room in the 10g and is perfect for growing out frags.

Nano_reef349.jpg

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Paul E. Wog

WOW!!! Just about jumped out of my skin when I looked at my nano tonight. I saw clouds forming in the water and thought something was wrong. Turns out my maxi mini anemones were spawning. Unfortunately I think I caught the tail end of it because it was over before I could get my camera. Here's to dreaming that any make it passed the larval stage lol. Not gonna happen I know; but I can dream.

Paul E. Wog

Well they were still at it apparently. Spawning has been occuring in 10-15 min intervals. Fortunately managed to snag a few pics.

Nano_reef360.jpg

Nano_reef358.jpg

Nano_reef364.jpg

Paul E. Wog
cool maxi collection!

this should be called a maxi tank not an sps tank. :P

LoL, yeah it started out that way but somehow changed over the last couple of months. Funny how you have a set list of what you want to stock your reef with and then it totally changes. But I smile every time I look at this tank so I'm good with it.

Still on the list before I am done:

Red Acro

Orange Acro

Pink Acro

Superman or Sunset Monti

A Few nice Zoas and Pallys

And of course more Maxi Minis

I think it's time to start working on a new tank. I'm runnin outa space

• 1 month later...
Paul E. Wog

Yeah I got a bunch of new zoas a sweet red acan and several more maxis w a couple more coming soon. As soon as those settle in I will take some pics. I will be up to 29 or 30 maxis when these next 2 come in. I think; it's getting hard to count lol.

• 2 weeks later...
NaClCrocodile

Awesome. I looove that blue one. It looks solid blue. I've got a nice little blue one with some green at the mouth - my nicest so far. Looking forward to some more pics of the new guys.

Paul E. Wog
Awesome. I looove that blue one. It looks solid blue. I've got a nice little blue one with some green at the mouth - my nicest so far. Looking forward to some more pics of the new guys.

Thanks, I love the blue one as well. It was kinda gray/blue when I got it but it loves my halide and has colored up incredibly. I have noticed that there is a lot of variation in lighting needs in these guys. I have some (both colorful and not so colorful) that either absolutely love to get as much light as possible and "fight" for positioning; while others I have try to move away from it constantly and find a shady spot under a ledge of another nem. I just changed the junker halide bulb out for a Phoenix 14k and the colors in all my maxis have gotten even better over the passed few weeks. I had an orange that turned brown but now is more orange then ever. the bulb is a little blue for my tastes but the nems sure seem to love it.

The tank is way different looking compared to these old pics. Currently have 31 Maxi Minis in this tank so I am overdue for a picture update. I need to borrow a decent camera to get some pics. I'll try and post something soon.

Currently have 31 Maxi Minis in this tank so I am overdue for a picture update. I need to borrow a decent camera to get some pics. I'll try and post something soon.

Oh you HAVE to get pics lol :D

• 1 month later...

LOOOoonng overdue update. Sorry about that. A lot has changed with the nano since the last update. I am up to 31 maxi minis (I think). I was fortunate enough to pic up Both of Tigahboy's red maxis and his orange but one of the reds wasnt feeling very photogenic and the orange was hiding when I took these pics. There are also a few that have made their way into other parts of the reef where I cant get a decent pic. I have also added a really nice red acan and blasto as well as some nice Zs and Ps. MH bulb was upgraded to a 150w Phoenix 14k. Enjoy.

nano_reef425.jpg

nano_reef430.jpg

nano_reef434.jpg

nano_reef440.jpg

nano_reef442.jpg

nano_reef446.jpg

nano_reef455.jpg

nano_reef366.jpg

nano_reef373.jpg

nano_reef376.jpg

nano_reef377.jpg

nano_reef378.jpg

nano_reef389.jpg

nano_reef398.jpg

nano_reef414.jpg

nano_reef423.jpg

nano_reef464.jpg

Thanks! I am very pleased with how this one turned out. I love it. I still think the Phoenix 14k is a little too blue for my tastes even though Its not as blue as when I first installed it. I am looking into other bulbs for when I switch out at the end of the year.

give the phoenix several days for a true burn in on the Phoenix. mayne 100 hrs or so and then you'll have the nice crisp white and blue color. looking good!

Love the nems as usual. Hopefully mine will settle in to their tank soon. Several are still trying to figure out where they want to be.

Actually the Phoenix is about 3 months old now. It is whiter now but still too blue for my liking.

@star

Trust me some of them are never happy in the same place for very long while others that I have have not moved an inch since settling in. Some of them are just chronic movers.

BTW, love the Hank Mccoy avatar.

<Old Comic Book Nerd.

I have about half of them still stuck to the plastic container I used to move them over. They wedged part of their foot into the tiny lip, so I am having to wait them out. Each day I find one more finally decided to let go and settle in the tank.

Archived