Coral Vue Hydros

nano softie tank

Squared

how often and how much do you feel your harlequins? do u think i could keep one ortwo in a 2.5 and keep the sea stars in the back of my solana?

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I give the shrimp a leg every few days. I think a pair would be able to live in a pico, but the sea star you give them may become shocked when they go from solano water to pico water. I'm not sure about that, but just a guess. But I say go for the harlequins, they are pretty easy to take care of.

• 2 weeks later...

...It has been a while. Still want sexy shrimp. Hopefully before the end of april I will have some.

Also want wisker coral.

OClownsandNanos

Love the tank - like the unusual concept. Beautiful macros! You will not regret eventually going with sexies, they are very entertaining shrimp. I've got only one in my 40BR but she is rarely invisible to me. She stays out in the open quite a lot and does her little dance often. :)

I like it when my harlys dance. I wonder why they wiggle. And I also want more mushies for sexies to host.

I really want more inverts but it will be hard to say when I will get some.

Also, can Acans grow under the 24w PC?

Awesome tank! I love your Harlequins, they're gorgeous. I have a pair of sexys in my nano and they are quite entertaining. You won't be disappointed with sexys!

Thanks.

And I have some exciting news: I think my harlequin is carrying eggs! But I'm not sure. So you can decide for yourselves:

100_3543.jpg

Is she carrying eggs or not?

What do you think of this invert list:

3 sexy shrimp

1 bumble bee shrimp

1 pom pom crab

1 porceling crab

I will probaly get the bumble bee shrimp first, since it is cheapest.

This is not a lot of inverts, but can someone tell me the invert limit?

I just added my harlies. Love em. There cool to watch and easy to care for. They get along great with my sexies and bumble bees. Invert tanks are the ####. To feed my harlies I just got a choc chip snipped it to bits and froze the bits throw one or two in when the shrimp don't have a piece to eat. Some times the bumble bees try to steel the starfish. They like stars a lot too.

More will come.

I will get more fanwoms, maye I'll get a pair of bumbles instead of one. More sexy shrimp. More mushrooms. More.

Need more inverts.

haha reading the comments that seems very true, i just think it would be a cool tank to have you can have movement from the shrimp, the look of the corals just think they are a cool concept haha

Now everybodies' dream is to have a tank were in every 4 square inches of space their is a shrimp or crab. My tank will be that tank!

Next time I go my LFS, I am ordering either sexy shrimp or bumbles. Maybe a pom pom crab. I can pretty much garuntee this!

Thanks. I thought my light broke on this tank, so I was close to not getting more inverts. I am going to wait a little before ordering more inverts, so I can make sure I have enough money to cover broken things. Keep checking in.

So, did you get everything you wanted? I am sure you are a true reefer like all of us and that means you would hustle out and buy the inverts so IF your light did go out, then you would be all "oh man, now i have to fix the light too!" but you would already have your new livestock!

You have a point. But unfortuanatly I had to spend a good chunk of money on a new fixture. I got a cadlights 4x T5 for my reef, and moved the 2x 24w DX hood to this tank. Now I have no invert money, but maybe I can get 1 thing. And I have feeling it is going to be CUC for my reef. Soon I should have enought money for a sexy shrimp or two.

I still just have my pretty pretty harlequins :closedeyes::).

Archived