SaltCritters.com

nano softie tank

Squared

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sorry :blush:

They are bad because they eat SPS and they attack other snails, hermits, small fish, and even small shrimp.

I guess they don't need one. All the reef books I've read say thry always are in crinoids (not aqaurium books, wild reef books.)

my bumblebee snails are harmless and dont eat or attack anything...

Looking at pictures online, it seems that coleman shrimp host fire urchins. Darn, I don'nt want to keep anyting poisonous, even if I could find coleman shrimp. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Oh, and check out www.oceanfootage.com, tons of videos of pretty much any animal you can think of.

animalmaster6
Looking at pictures online, it seems that coleman shrimp host fire urchins. Darn, I don'nt want to keep anyting poisonous, even if I could find coleman shrimp. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Oh, and check out www.oceanfootage.com, tons of videos of pretty much any animal you can think of.

I believe you can have Coleman Shrimp without urchins.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THAT SITE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT HAS VIDEOS OF EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!! I EVEN SAW A VIDEO OF AN EMPEROR SHRIMP!!!! Thanks so much Squared! Really cool site!

The emperor shrimp is stunning, but do you know what kind of nudi your going to get for it? Try to get one that eats sponges.

O.K. so on a $40 budget, I can do one of these invert lists:

1. pom pom crab and various "rubble oraganisms" (small fanworms, sponges, polyps, ect.)

2. criniod squat lobster and bumble bee shrimp

3. coco worm

4. rock anemone with pederson shrimp

5. blood red fire shrimp and more rocks

6. sexy shrimps and rock nem

So I know how to put vids on this site. Thanks. So your LFS sells $12 coco worms?1?!!??? I thought they sell for $30+ dollars! My LFS has them for $40.

animalmaster6
The emperor shrimp is stunning, but do you know what kind of nudi your going to get for it? Try to get one that eats sponges.

O.K. so on a $40 budget, I can do one of these invert lists:

1. pom pom crab and various "rubble oraganisms" (small fanworms, sponges, polyps, ect.)

2. criniod squat lobster and bumble bee shrimp

3. coco worm

4. rock anemone with pederson shrimp

5. blood red fire shrimp and more rocks

6. sexy shrimp and low light SPS

I don't think I can get them -_- I don't want any nudis or sea slugs. Trying to figure out if I can get a pair and not get any sea slugs or nudis.

Can 3 bumble bee shrimp live together peacefully? I think I'll try to get another fanworm soon. I think coleman shrimp are realated to emperor shrimp, maybe you can get thoes instead.

animalmaster6

I do really like Coleman Shrimp! I'm trying to do research on the Emperor Shrimp. I can't find any info and Blue Zoo is closed :(. I really want them but they only host Medusa Worms which get to like 72 in. :(

animalmaster6
Emperor shrimp host medusa worms? What are they? Thought they hosted nudis.

I know Blue Zoo says they do. Medusa Worms are HUGE Sea Slugs.

They also host nudis. If they host Lettuce Nudibranches then I will think about it. I had Lettuce Nudibranches in the 12G and I ahted them because they knocked everything over, made a mess, and put slime EVERYWHERE lol. There is a different species of Lettuce Nudi called the Pacific Lettuce Nudibranch. It is smaller and I want to call Blue Zoo and see if Emperor Shrimp hosts them.

Do you know much about the Coleman Shrimp? If I can't get Emperor Shrimp then I will get Coleman Shrimp if I can find them.

I really don't much about coleman shrimp, except for that they are awsome and host fire urchins. I don't think I've ever seen them for sale, though. I have seen a fire urchin, and they are anything BUT ugly. I wonder how many pairs of different inverts I can put in my tank...

animalmaster6
I really don't much about coleman shrimp, except for that they are awsome and host fire urchins. I don't think I've ever seen them for sale, though. I have seen a fire urchin, and they are anything BUT ugly. I wonder how many pairs of different inverts I can put in my tank...

They also host anemones.

You can truly put a lot of inverts in!

I am starting to like the idea of sexy shrimp. But I'll wait and see if I can get anything "rarer". After harlequins finish one meal, how long before they need another?

post-50662-1266785865_thumb.jpg

New FTS

Liveaquaria says bumblebees like pairs, after all, they are more closly related to harlequins than sexys. But if I get more shrimp, it's gonna be sexys.

The female is the smaller shrimp...that means its going to grow bigger than the other one! Turns out harlequins arn't that small...

I'll try to post pics later, I'm having problems...

Archived