Top Shelf Aquatics

Amphitrite's Mt. Wannahockaloogie

Amphitrite

Amphitrite
any new pics

Spring soccer has now ended, so yes, it's time to blow the dust off and finish my project. I will have some pics up this weekend.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Spring soccer has now ended, so yes, it's time to blow the dust off and finish my project. I will have some pics up this weekend.

Well, at least the silicon should be dry by now ... :P

c_k_kuehne
Well, at least the silicon should be dry by now ... :P

LOL -- with 3v3 is soccer ever really over -- bone dance soccer -- give yourself some time without all the hassle -- you deserve it :D

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Updates?

i forgot about this tank. we do need updates.

Updates, NONE, Sorry all. Its been a hectic summer. We have been doing soccer all summer and its not stopping any time soon. I will try and get on this project here soon. I am afraid it won't be in time for the final tweaking of the Pico Contest, but try to finish it I will. Need some heat sinks to play with the leds I got for it. We will see.

where did you get the dry rock rubble

From a very generous fellow reefer in your back yard (Murfreesboro). It came from his driveway :) The rock is dry Hawaiian rock. He had a whole bunch that he was using and then he shut his tank down. The rock was put in a pile on the side of his driveway and it sat for a while. I got a hold of him and he sold me some. It was a rather comical night getting it. I showed up and it was pretty much dark. I was looking for the really small stuff as it was for this pico. I started picking through the pieces, with a flashlight in hand, and he came along and grabbed hand fulls and threw it in a styrofoam box. When it was all said and done, I asked how much, he said, "pick up the box and tell me what it weighs" I said at least 50-60 lbs, he said ok, how about 40 bucks. I couldn't complain. He was sooo nice and generous. Good Karma will come his way I am sure.

I don't think he is here but he frequents RC all the time, or atleast he used to. I haven't been there for ages. Hell, I haven't been here for forever. I know I am not Amp, but she is my wife so I figure its ok to answer for her. Hope that helps, need anything else, just let me know. Mark

• 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...
igotreefermadness

Just so you guys know I used this idea in my 12g long linked in my sig. Works great, except I thought I had lost 4 hermits and my sexy shrimp when I found them at the bottom of the inside of the pvc section. So you gotta watch who climbs over the rocks.

Archived