Coral Vue Hydros

OscarMeyer's 130D Illumina Powered.

OscarMeyer

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

zoas, that i got from a tank that was closing down, and found this little hiker when i got home, any thoughts?

5216143684_51a058245e_b.jpg

i think i have Aiptasia? thoughts?

5216145814_03d008810d_b.jpg

5216148004_dd1828d47b_b.jpg

Some Acans i saved from a reefers tank that was closing down, really starting to open up and start eating, looking healthier by the day!

5215560997_9201863356_b.jpg

5216152336_3b26c02ae8_b.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

anyone got any info on the aiptasia/hydroid looking things?

Also I've been doing some searches, and well I'm really not liking, having to lift buckets for water changes, and was thinking of just buying a powerhead and some tubing so that the power head would do the work on filling and draining the tank when it came around to water changes, anyone have any thoughts on a good decent priced pump, to use for this? i was thinking just a maxi-1200 or 900?

And as for the RSM...... stuff still growing so I'm doing something right lol

Flying_Hellfish
Also I've been doing some searches, and well I'm really not liking, having to lift buckets for water changes, and was thinking of just buying a powerhead and some tubing so that the power head would do the work on filling and draining the tank when it came around to water changes, anyone have any thoughts on a good decent priced pump, to use for this? i was thinking just a maxi-1200 or 900?

On my 55 I use a maxi1200 to pump water back into the system for water changes. For taking the water out all you need is tubing and lungs and a siphon is your friend. Sure you suck in salt water every once in a while but I'm still mostly ok.

• 1 month later...

quick update:

I was having insane amount of cyano popping up and really couldn't figure out why? so i cut back lighting and feedings, but was still have an extreme amount of cyano, i have a standard light hanging from the ceiling directly in front of the tank about 10ft away, lights usually on for the day, decided for the past week to leave the light off, and well boom no cyano! sooo now i need to change that light to some sort of track lighting to keep the rays off the tank!

Also picked up some new frags

Garf Bonsai

Pink Millipora

Roscoe's

Pink Lemonade

PearlBerry

also 3 unknown sps frags

i had also bought a superman monti but for some reason he didnt make it?

and some new pics:

5396450134_e83b3f8bdf_b.jpg

5395852913_5f4e00bfd7_b.jpg

5396452748_27e8795e9b_b.jpg

5395855433_857fd7de2c_b.jpg

5395856625_76c21c7970_b.jpg

A few new items arrived for the new project..... :happy:

5414874458_f55d6ffffb_b.jpg

5414875820_56f94b76b9_b.jpg

And someone new in the tank :)

5414266105_504cd8bfaf_b.jpg

5414264729_1c56130a2a_b.jpg

Also have a pair of clowns trying to get a decent photo of them.

• 4 weeks later...
Video Time!

Excuse the Shoddy Camera work, i am no photographer :P

New FTS will be up today!

Your tank looks great! I love all the macro shots.

Your tank looks great! I love all the macro shots.

Thanks!

is that your .:R in your avatar?

Love the pics

Video was nice. Great choices of livestock!

Thank you!

Well today i was supposed to spend the day taking photos of my tank, but everything went completely south...... I had a Marineland stealth Pro, which i heard about the explosions, decided to swap it out with a titanium Aqua heat 200w, and well 2 days later and here i am with some pretty pissed off clowns and blenny, and some agitated corals! found out the new heater was dumping voltage into the tank.... :angry:

Everything is ok, and everyone seems to be quite happy now, but i took this as my sign and decided to do the full clean of the system, so everything was pulled and cleaned, also did tests with all the equipment to make sure there was no other shorts anywhere, but everything check out ok! I'm going to let the tank run for the night and hopefully get some photos this week!

teamschreiba
Thanks!

is that your .:R in your avatar?

Thank you!

Well today i was supposed to spend the day taking photos of my tank, but everything went completely south...... I had a Marineland stealth Pro, which i heard about the explosions, decided to swap it out with a titanium Aqua heat 200w, and well 2 days later and here i am with some pretty pissed off clowns and blenny, and some agitated corals! found out the new heater was dumping voltage into the tank.... :angry:

Everything is ok, and everyone seems to be quite happy now, but i took this as my sign and decided to do the full clean of the system, so everything was pulled and cleaned, also did tests with all the equipment to make sure there was no other shorts anywhere, but everything check out ok! I'm going to let the tank run for the night and hopefully get some photos this week!

Yeah that's my .:R. Do you drive a VW?

Sorry to hear about your heater drama too but happy it's all worked out now!

Yeah that's my .:R. Do you drive a VW?

Sorry to hear about your heater drama too but happy it's all worked out now!

I do, Although I'm a Wanna be .:R lol

I have a 07 GTi with a Euro R kit, and a few other goodies :P lol

teamschreiba
I do, Although I'm a Wanna be .:R lol

I have a 07 GTi with a Euro R kit, and a few other goodies :P lol

Haha that still sounds sweet though. I used to drive a jetta and then just skipped the GTi and went straight to the .:R :P I love it though it's such a fun car.

Haha that still sounds sweet though. I used to drive a jetta and then just skipped the GTi and went straight to the .:R :P I love it though it's such a fun car.

Ya i have the 07 GTI, and also have a 1980 rabbit vr6 swap which is my track car, Its my other expensive Hobby lol

I wish we could have gotten the R in canada when i was buying, The AWD would have been nice! yours pretty much stock?

teamschreiba
Ya i have the 07 GTI, and also have a 1980 rabbit vr6 swap which is my track car, Its my other expensive Hobby lol

I wish we could have gotten the R in canada when i was buying, The AWD would have been nice! yours pretty much stock?

Yeah I hear you there. These are two great but expensive hobbies haha. And yeah I just did a few small cosmetic changes but other than that it's stock. I'd love to track it someday too.

Yeah I hear you there. These are two great but expensive hobbies haha. And yeah I just did a few small cosmetic changes but other than that it's stock. I'd love to track it someday too.

Ya the R with the awd and dsg would make for a pretty fun track car for sure! got a pic?

Archived