inTank Media Baskets

bottyfish 20G thread

bottyfish

Wanted to say I survived a weekend without buying anything for the tank, but then I would be lying... :P

frags.jpg

Was thinking of increasing the flow of my tank with either a tunze 6025 or a mp... not sure if it is REALLY worth the money for mp for a nano but some of the members on here have it for their nano's... :unsure:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Tunze nano powerhead came in. Installed it in the corner, very nice flow and about the size of a tennis ball. Love how you can rotate it any direction...

Also installed a moon light...

moonei.jpg

More pics under moonlighting...

yumamoon.jpg

zoamoon.jpg

Picked up two aqualifters, air tubing, digital timer and some valves... while that is being worked on, here are some pics for your enjoyment.

starfish.jpg

halftankshot4242010.jpg

Welcome to Nano-Reef hellofishy!

Thanks for the comment on the tank, I use a sump mainly because it increases the overall water volume of my tank.

It also allows me to put all my equipment in it and not have to put items like my skimmer and heater in my actual display.

A sump IMO has more advantages than disadvantages and so I choose to include one in my nano setup. Also a good place to store more Live rock for biological filtration and what Ive done is split it to make a refugium.

I want to do a 20 gallon tank as well. What would you do to improve what you currently did?

I guess what Im trying to say is I dont want to make any mistakes.. and if you can give me pointers that would be great. :P

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
redkneecoral

you sure added so much compared the last time i was here. Looking great.

would there be any chance you getting a close up pic of your pink goniopora. i have one and wanted to see how your's looks

I want to do a 20 gallon tank as well. What would you do to improve what you currently did?

I guess what Im trying to say is I dont want to make any mistakes.. and if you can give me pointers that would be great. :P

+1 on the 20 long. I have a 20H as well and if I could re-do it I would get a 20 long due to more space. And I would get an mp20 and not a koralia. I would stick with metal halides. I would get a sump as I do not have one on my 20.

GL

• 2 months later...

Hi everyone,

Been a while since I posted, been busy.

Updated post1 with my latest FTS. I sold the pink goniopora because I was fearful that my busy work wouldn't be able to maintain the feeding part.

Ever since I got the tunze, the coco worms dont seem to come out as they used to. I think the flow is annoying them. They do peep out once and a while.

• 4 weeks later...

Picked up some ultra superman mushrooms today. Had to drive some distance but it was worth it.

Ive been looking for these for a while. Pics to come when they are expanded, under regular light already the blue spots can been seen while under my blue+ crazzzzzy... (Sorry I'm a little excited) B)

Congrats and I am excited for you too. I will be looking forward on seeing them.

So how far did you have to go to get them

would there be any chance you getting a close up pic of your pink goniopora. i have one and wanted to see how your's looks

Congrats and I am excited for you too. I will be looking forward on seeing them.

So how far did you have to go to get them

Hey RedKneeCoral, I had to let it go because I was afraid my work schedule was getting in the way of its feeding schedule. A local reefer gladly grabbed picked it up right away. I didn't have any closeup pics.

Mushrooms.

supermanmushroom.jpg

While doing some re aquascaping.. I realized my anemone had actually SPLIT! so cool. B) Must have been those bi weekly feedings. Anyhow one of them started moving up the back wall of my tank.

I moved them both to my 75g because they were getting pretty big as seen in my latest FTS. Stinging my other corals and stuff.

While doing some re aquascaping.. I realized my anemone had actually SPLIT! so cool. B) Must have been those bi weekly feedings. Anyhow one of them started moving up the back wall of my tank.

I moved them both to my 75g because they were getting pretty big as seen in my latest FTS. Stinging my other corals and stuff.

Awesome

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Thought Id post a pic of my anemones that split. The mouth has recovered on both and they are doing great.

Too bad I had to take them out of the nano...

splitc.jpg

Archived