SaltCritters.com

bottyfish 20G thread

bottyfish

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Picked up two coco worms and a pink Goniopora palmensis or Goniopora burgosi (can't really tell) from someone leaving the hobby. :(

Ive read that these corals don't make it more than a year but Ive done my research and hopefully I can get this beauty to thrive. :unsure: seems most can do well with a mixture of phyto and frozen cyclopeez juice.

Here are some pics with ati blue+ and MH 20k on.

gono.jpg

cocoxf.jpg

The new beauty has had some time to settle in and has started to extend...

Just under the ati no MH

gono2.jpg

I wish you luck with it. As others have tried, I've attempted to keep gonies alive a few times and after each failure, i've concluded that some corals just aren't meant to be in a tank. I hope yours is the exception to the rule, it is beautiful!

I wish you luck with it. As others have tried, I've attempted to keep gonies alive a few times and after each failure, i've concluded that some corals just aren't meant to be in a tank. I hope yours is the exception to the rule, it is beautiful!

Thanks,

If it was at the LFS I wouldn't have bought it knowing the risk and price involved. But the gentlemen was shutting down his tank and gave me an offer I could not resist :P

These people seem to have done some research and not only keep alive but actually able to frag...

http://www.advancedaquarist.com/2005/10/aafeature2

Better extensions...

gono3.jpg

Frag

alieneye.jpg

Better pic of the crab, it look so cool when it waves its little fans to try and catch food into its mouth...

crab.jpg

Gonna grab a bunch of frags this weekend. Look forward to updating you all.

Got a RBTA with green center and snowflake pattern, it has fitted nicely in between the liverock.

rbta.jpg

Updated FTS 03_06_2010

fts030610.jpg

Replaced the clear sheet of acrylic that housed the sump with a black sheet. The light was kinda bright during the night.

standd.jpg

The ATS seems to be forming more cyno rather than algae. But since the use of it, I have no been scrubbing algae off my glass and the phosphate levels are 0.

3ats.jpg

redkneecoral

outstanding looking corals and the way your lighting and camera brings out the stunning colors

outstanding looking corals and the way your lighting and camera brings out the stunning colors

Thanks!

Gonna try and hold off on buying more stuff for a while ("try" haha)

I really like your tank and the corals you have added

Thanks!

Was sitting in front of my tank when I discovered that one of my coco's had a little baby coco forming... :wub:

cocobaby.jpg

redkneecoral

Wow, i want one :P

your frog spawn sure is healthy looking.

and nice open brain, i believe it is one

love ya tank, had to say it again

Update on ATS...

Lots of slimy cyano and some hair algae... :huh:

4ats.jpg

Some zoas... B)

zoas.jpg

Pearl bubble and blue-stripe pipefish :D

pearlpipefish.jpg

redkneecoral

that is one sweet looking pipefish and bubble and love those zoas.

I see that screen is working

that is one sweet looking pipefish and bubble and love those zoas.

I see that screen is working

Going to have to start scraping some of that slime off soon.. :o

Newest addition...

orangecrush.jpg

Archived