Top Shelf Aquatics

Kylebeano's Shallow LED Overskimmed 15g

Kylebeano

The powerhead hole might look weird there if you decided later to switch pumps, say to an mp 10 or something, lotta guys mount um' on the side of the tank and if you decide to do so, there will be this big honkin' hole in your rock wall.

just my 2 cents.

ehhh, if that time comes he can just mount a big honkin coral in its space! lol

thanks bangaii, that had occured to me while i was planning it.

my thoughts exactly as well jerzsky, wow!

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks Patrick, I really want the water to clear up. Marine depot shipping is slow :/

I wish I had an awesome electric car. My lightning is quite the contrary, it gets 10mpg. It's a ford f150 svt lightning. It does have 400rwhp though.

Oh gotcha, still a cool vehicle none the less. Can't wait to see this thing stocked!

Hi man...nice looking

I have the similar pumping like your setup. I just finished making my stand with a friend helping me. I just need to paint and stained it. The ball valve on the return is definitely a must to control the overflow.

post more..

i will post my thread once I have the stand ready LOL..

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Oh gotcha, still a cool vehicle none the less. Can't wait to see this thing stocked!

Me too, we might be moving soon, so im debating puting stuff into yet or not...

Hi man...nice looking

I have the similar pumping like your setup. I just finished making my stand with a friend helping me. I just need to paint and stained it. The ball valve on the return is definitely a must to control the overflow.

post more..

i will post my thread once I have the stand ready LOL..

I look forward to seeing it together! Ill keep checking

well??????? wheres the updates!!! :happy::rant:

nothing to update yet :(

ive finally drained the fresh water, got some 5 gallon buckets, salt, 5/8 tube, mj1200...all just for initial water changes.

I got all the magnets in the mail two days ago. They are epoxy coated and hurtful strong. They should do the trick for keeping that wall to the back lol. I got a dremel for christmas, so that will speed up every job from now on. Ill post some dry pics soon once i get that wall fabbed. I work the 24th-28th, so nothing will get done until the end of the month haha.

After draining and cleaning up the tank from the fresh water, ive installed the magnets into the back of the foam wall and it still doesnt quite fit. Hopefully after adding a cushion of sand to the back it will help it settle into a more comfortable position.

006-3.jpg

002-4.jpg

005-3.jpg

004-3.jpg

001-4.jpg

nice...i got a vertex in-80 skimmer :) will be overskimming myself haha...

good deal, thats one of the most quality skimmers for the price they go for. what will you be using as a sump? im currently just using a standard 10g, but really want something that's 18x18x18. im on the brink of breaking down and getting the mr. aqua cube...

good deal, thats one of the most quality skimmers for the price they go for. what will you be using as a sump? im currently just using a standard 10g, but really want something that's 18x18x18. im on the brink of breaking down and getting the mr. aqua cube...

i have a 10g sump already, given to me part of the tank purchased...i m still debating but 10g is fine too...maybe I should i use a 20g long ...

Finally got the tank in the mail yesterday!

Probably one of the finest tanks I have seen. Crafstmanship is top notch, I cant wait to get it filled. Ill start the stand and sump next week. Then ill order some nice dry rock from john at reefcleaners and make a foam wall for the back and keep it as open as possible.

Here is the unpacking :D

Tank001.jpg

Tank002.jpg

Tank003.jpg

Tank004.jpg

Tank005.jpg

Tank006.jpg

Tank007.jpg

I love the enterprise in your overflow.....cool

I love the enterprise in your overflow.....cool

I do really like the rock wall...pretty clean look. Can't wait til its set up!

Haha yeah, I was watching Star Trek while waiting for its delivery.

Thank you, Im surprised myself about how well the wall came out. I probably should have used more rocks around it though, my only regret lol.

i test fill my tank with freshwater...i m getting a slight leak on one of the bulkhead....is there a way to stop it? I have taken it apart and clean it...

i test fill my tank with freshwater...i m getting a slight leak on one of the bulkhead....is there a way to stop it? I have taken it apart and clean it...

that's awesome youre getting water in it! not so awesome about the leak...

do you have the o-ring/gasket on the wet side? Make sure it fits well and is clean too. is it just the one bulkhead that is leaking, or are both the drain and return letting water out? if nothing helps the leaks try going with SCH 80 bulkheads

Got saltwater in the tank last night, finally getting it cycled. Although I now know I really need a better sump. Ive never paid more for a piece of LR, but it matched the rest so well!

003-4.jpg

013-1.jpg

023.jpg

005-4.jpg

008-1.jpg

022.jpg

015.jpg

019.jpg

020.jpg

021.jpg

028.jpg

that's awesome youre getting water in it! not so awesome about the leak...

do you have the o-ring/gasket on the wet side? Make sure it fits well and is clean too. is it just the one bulkhead that is leaking, or are both the drain and return letting water out? if nothing helps the leaks try going with SCH 80 bulkheads

Only one of them that are leaking, I tighten the bulkhead and it stop the leak..lets hope it stays that way. I might drain it tonight and move it to the final location. I still need to put the light (led) together lol

Nice rockwork

• 2 weeks later...

Definitely an addiction...right, Kyle?

I remember when you sold your set up here in the Cape to move out. And now you are in a better place but you really can't escape from putting your hand in saltwater...lol!

Your tank is looking wild...can't wait to see what are you going to grow in it.

Archived