inTank Media Baskets

29 SPS dominated...sorta

MacnReef

Well, as the title says, 29g with sps.

Just upgraded to a 250W 14K from a 175W 10K. Also running 2-55W actinic pc.

Mag7 return

MadDog Skimmer

10g Sump

Future upgrades:

Mag9.5

MRC Dual Chamber Calcium Reactor (on its way)

First Pic Full View

Thanx! I can't wait to see it in a year, once I have the MRC reactor going, everything should really take off. I have had the tank set-up for about 5 months since the last move. But I have had almost all of the rock and sand for like two years.

Its pretty well established, but I am getting no coraline algae, I wonder if that has anything to do with my lights???? I have to raise my lights about 2 inches, it's starting to get a little warmer, almost reaching 82.

Mike

CA taken up by the corals.. Are you topoff-ing w/ kalk? I have noticed my coralline grows as well as my sps..... Do you have a fan for the ligths? I run 2 and it is perfect... Just a thought...

I have tried topping off with kalk but everyday I left my house I was always concerned my float would get stuck and the kalk would smoke my tank so I decided to get a reactor. I had a reactor on my tank like 3 weeks ago, which I had on the tank for like a month, but it could not keep up with the demands of my tank.

I have a 3" fan on my lights, but I think just raising them another 2" will fix it or put a fan on my sump.....who knows!

I'd go for the fan on your sump and put in a float valve (Kent makes a good one) hooked to either an RO/DI unit or a container full of water. It's quite a bit harder for snails to mess it up. Tank looks good btw.

Good Idea....but I think I will wait until my reactor gets here. It is shipping Monday so I should have it before Christmas. I will then install my Mag9.5 w/SCWD on Christmas night....my wife bought my the Mag9.5 and all the plumbing as one of my gifts. Then I will think about the kalk.

Thanx everyone....keep it coming! :)

Forgot to add I have my MRC CR-1 arriving today or next week as well. Time to find a C02 tank and hook it up on the 10G SPS until the 65G is ready to go. :)

The MAG 9.5 w/SCWD sounds great. I setup a MAG 5 w/SCWD closed loop and realized that with the ball valves I made it too wide for my 10G. DOH

I think mine are just about at the size limit for the board...if I am wrong, tell me and I will resize some of the pics a little larger.

Thanx!

Ox, what made you decide on the CR-1? I am sure you will love it, from what I hear Andy makes GREAT stuff.

A local to Andy had used it for 2 months on a tankand was selling it along with the MAG2 and regulator for $280 shipped. It's in immaculate condition so I had to jump on it. I should have driven down and gotten the 20# tank as well. Didn't know how much those things are. ???

What media are you going to use? I'm going with ARM.

Yeah it would have been even better if I had gotten the 20# tank full for $20 extra... Oh well. Se la vi. Will post some pics once I get it going. The Xenia Jungle is no more. :) BTW you using a PH controller or monitor with your setup? I'm using my Pinpoint Monitor for now until I get the Aquacontroller II as my birthday present to myself.

Yeah. It's definitely something to have with calcium reactors. For the time being I'm going with a PH Monitor and a full tank of C02 and setting it accordingly as well as having the unemployed roommate check it out every couple hours while I'm not there.

Here's some rough hi res pics (I'm looking for the camera manual to figure out how to adjust the camera for the 20k XM bulb) of the tank right after my new arrivals from a frag swap and the xenia clean out: http://www.repositorical.com/Aquaria/10G/12-14-03/

Will

Thanks. Yep it's a 10 with a 250W 20K XM bulb in a PFO pendant fired by a PFO ballast. I would have liked to have went IceCap but at $100 for the ballast and pendant I couldn't pass it up. :) I've got the light a good 18" above the tank as I don't want to melt/warp my Remora skimmer with it. :)

Archived