Innovative Marine Aquariums

57g Reef.....cube ofcourse

cbort

Dirtbikerider987
All you need to do is get yourself a nice zoa collection and it pays for itself! I literally trade 10 zoa frags for a nice 8 foot acrylic tank/stand/lights/100lbs rock/sand/filtration. Traded the Tank/stand for this tank/stand. So pretty much traded this tank for 10 zoa frags!

The zoas are what were expensive!

hmm, well I have several different kinds of zoas in my tank but I honestly have no idea if any of them are very valuable? Maybe u could look at my tank thread and let me know if I have anything valuable!? :) although I don't have pictures of everything I have.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
hmm, well I have several different kinds of zoas in my tank but I honestly have no idea if any of them are very valuable? Maybe u could look at my tank thread and let me know if I have anything valuable!? :) although I don't have pictures of everything I have.

really i just got lucky. a guy was taking down his office tank and just happened to want to trade for zoas. I traded hime some pretty common zoas for it. i will check out your thread and check out what ya got!

Dirtbikerider987
really i just got lucky. a guy was taking down his office tank and just happened to want to trade for zoas. I traded hime some pretty common zoas for it. i will check out your thread and check out what ya got!

ah cool :) thanks

best overstocked tank ever! :P

Thanks! Thats what i was going for....!! :happy:

22 fish too many? Its really cool when the fish don't know i am watching and actually go about minding their own business in the reef. But as soon as they spot me, they are all in the front. I will shoot some footage of me on the couch watching the tank, and you can see what i mean. In the pictures i am standing right in front of the tank and they all come to the front. They are expecting to be fed and don't look natural at all.Even the reef chromis swim around the reef... anyway, i will post some video from the couch later and show ya'll!

Looking good. I love shallow tanks these days.

Likewise! Your tank is looking great! I showed my wife your tank, just to see what she thought about your aquacaping, (because i wanted to change mine to a more open look like yours) and she wouldn't let me. She said his looks awesome, but yours looks too much like a chunk of a reef. Then i asked her if i could get another tank and make the aquascape like yours and she thought i was crazy!

Anyways thanks for looking! I will have to check out your updates!

Can't wait to see some natural reef behavior from your tank.

**waits for video**

I will have them up soon. I am currently taking the video on my iPhone, which actually looks great! But i am having troubles transferring it to my iMac. I saw that i may have to download some kind of software, but not sure.

• 2 weeks later...
Amazing tank! valuable lesson in Zoa trading economics. lol

:D Thanks!

Finally got home after a nice stay in Minneapolis! Drove 4 1/2 hours, stayed in a motel visited the rainforest cafe and a cool LFS and met with a fellow reefer and came home with this:

ATI1.jpg

IMG_0894.jpg

IMG_0895.jpg

IMG_0899.jpg

IMG_0897.jpg

PICT1475.jpg

PICT1476.jpg

Bulb Configuration

ATI Blue Plus

Aqua Science Special

URI

Aqua Science Blue

ATI Actinic

Aqua Science Special

Fiji Purple

ATI Actinic

Aqua Science Special

ATI Blue Plus

ATI1.jpg

Here is a link to "Syzmon's tank" he has a 60" powermodule with the exact same bulb configuration. I like his colors a lot! This is about the coloration i will be going after. Maybe replace an Aquascience in the middle with another ATI Blue Plus, but we will see.

http://reefcentral.net/forums/showthrea ... d=15310774

Tank of the Month - July 2008 - Reefkeeping.com

Nice pickup! You'll love it.

Thanks! I already do and it has done nothing but lay on the floor in front of my chair! Every once in a while i walk over and plug it in! :) I am waiting for a day off where i can take some time to hang it! It is very heavy! I don't want to mess it up and end up with a nice light in my water!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Thanks a lot Patrick! Very nice of you to say! This tank will soon be converted into my new frag tank! Just got approved to buy a house and finally....Finally i will have a fish room! Thank God!

Here is what i picked up today! ATI 10 bulb Powermodule #2...A little unhappy with it at the time as the #3 and #8 bulbs will not fire...So the seller will be sending me new ballast for it soon.

IMG_0008.jpg

And here is how the 57g tank sits right now until the move! I hung ATI 10 bulb Powermodule #1 over it for the time being...

IMG_0009.jpg

IMG_0010.jpg

Will post another thread as soon as the new tank is decided on and will include the new fish room too!

Archived