Innovative Marine Aquariums

57g Reef.....cube ofcourse

cbort

Guest nanoreefchris

incredible tank man, but I dont like where it is set up. I think for cube tanks like that it makes more sense to have something thats easily viewable from all three sides. Thats doesnt look like its easily viewable from three sides.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Looks phenomenal.

Thanks again!

incredible tank man, but I dont like where it is set up. I think for cube tanks like that it makes more sense to have something thats easily viewable from all three sides. Thats doesnt look like its easily viewable from three sides.

Your are right, but my wife said it had to go there....I didn't have a say in the matter! :)

ya... i don't wanna get b*tch slapped! I am just glad she let me upgrade and i still have my other 2 cubes sitting around! Next stop....48x48! :)

ya... i don't wanna get b*tch slapped! I am just glad she let me upgrade and i still have my other 2 cubes sitting around! Next stop....48x48! :)

Smart man, compromise is the way of life.

Ok... picture time again... this time I got my new powder brown AKA whitecheek surgeon AKA Mrs. Brown to slow down for a few snaps!

PICT1328.jpg

PICT1329.jpg

PICT1330.jpg

PICT1331.jpg

PICT1332.jpg

PICT1335.jpg

PICT1337.jpg

PICT1338.jpg

PICT1339.jpg

PICT1340.jpg

PICT1341.jpg

PICT1342.jpg

PICT1343.jpg

PICT1344.jpg

PICT1345.jpg

PICT1346.jpg

I aquired another EuroReef in a trade and now have 2 similar models. I am thinking about using both of them in my sump. I plan to feed a bit heavier than usual. I have always really liked those reef tanks that have lots of colorful fish in them to look at. I also think that this tank has a great shape and aquascape to try and replicate a chunk of the reef. Fish darting in and out of holes and arches. I am not a big fan of long tanks that have fish that all swim back and forth along the glass, but instead fish swimming around the reef minding their own business searching for food and such.

Here are the skimmers i will be using now that i have explained my reasoning.

PICT1327.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
I really like your aquascape. In one of yoru videos, the single striped damsel chased the group of chromis, it was hilarious!

Thanks Yin! I have never tried to a multiple damsels before, but it seems to be working. So far i have 5 and 5 chromis. The picking is really spread around rather than just on one fish. It seems to be more territorial. They are such colorful and active fish! I have a small black one with a yellow tail that acts as a sheep hearder to the chromis sometimes its pretty funny.

Wow.. Very cool! :) wish I could afford a tank like that!

All you need to do is get yourself a nice zoa collection and it pays for itself! I literally trade 10 zoa frags for a nice 8 foot acrylic tank/stand/lights/100lbs rock/sand/filtration. Traded the Tank/stand for this tank/stand. So pretty much traded this tank for 10 zoa frags!

The zoas are what were expensive!

Holy smokes I've missed alot! Tank is looking amazing!

:D Didn't miss too much, just transferred corals, and added fish! Thanks! I am pretty proud of it! Not much to look at on the outside still. Gonna wait for the weather to warm up a bit to start working on the stand.

Archived