Cultivated Reef

Tropic Marin Pro Reef

Zatoichi

I don't know exactly how to answer that question, but I can tell you that all salt came from the ocean at some point. Those big salt mines where you get most usable salt? Just saltwater that has evaporated down to salt over countless years. Ever hear of San Fransisco Bay Sea Salt? Taken out of the bay. Saltwater in very limited quantities won't kill you or harm you at all and neither will Sea Salt. Most salt you get for your table though is fortified with Iodine which is a good thing. Stick with Mortons unless you can't live without large flake size or the slight difference in taste.

Yep, it's from massive amounts of salt, not the trace amounts of arsenic and such (really not being sarcastic, I swear I saw arsenic on the bucket). I'm not saying it's ok to replace all of your fluid intake with tropic marin pro-reef seawater but using it in place of table salt or grocery store sea salt shouldn't make a difference.

Also, I looked up organic sea salt and other premium salts used in gourmet cooking. What they said was that they took water from the sea evaporated it and collected the salt. No refinement is allowed. No additions are allowed and it has to be away from any main roads or chemical use etc etc.

This makes me think that Trop Marin Pro Reef is better for you because it's USP (pharma) grade and there are absolutely no contaminants @ all. And it's all measured n such.

I would rather eat tropic marin than this overpriced gray stuff that has had a dude walk all over it and probably some migratory birds land on it.

salt.jpg

Ok, why would you want to eat it instead of table salt? Why not stick to that like normal people?

BTW, I'm sure flake food won't kill you either...why not eat that for protein..or some frozen mysis...yummm

Please don't eat mysis..or flake food..that was a joke

mysis = tiny shrimps in thai salads

flake food = flaked bonito

both available at my asian grocery store and my pantry. I should feed my clowns some of that bonito. i never eat it. probably because it tastes like flaked fish food.

Archived