Top Shelf Aquatics

Hemi's .5 Gallon X2 Reef

hemi

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is the sump.It was a 2.5 aga but I broke the back glass a few years back,So I tore it apart and shortened it to a 1.25.

Heater goes in the long skinny compartment in the back.The overflow goes here first.Then it goes to the left under the little baffle.It makes a left turn over that little baffle into the fragtank or refuge havent decided yet.The it goes over then under to the pump compartment.

sump5004.jpg

animalmaster6
This is the sump.It was a 2.5 aga but I broke the back glass a few years back,So I tore it apart and shortened it to a 1.25.

Heater goes in the long skinny compartment in the back.The overflow goes here first.Then it goes to the left under the little baffle.It makes a left turn over that little baffle into the fragtank or refuge havent decided yet.The it goes over then under to the pump compartment.

sump5004.jpg

It'll be nice!

Thanks

I know one of the displays will be reef style,But I am thinking frag or planted tank for the other one.I will be making a new stand and canopy now that I have it layed out like I want it.

animalmaster6
Thanks

I know one of the displays will be reef style,But I am thinking frag or planted tank for the other one.I will be making a new stand and canopy now that I have it layed out like I want it.

That's a really cool idea having one a reef and one a plantesd!

I built one of my 1/2" overflows tonight just to see if I am waisting my time.I made a bulkhead because I dont want to wait for one to be shipped here.They are 1/2" threaded to 3/4" slip sch40.By useing these they have extra flang spcae for a gasket.I had to go through the whole rack of these fittings to find mated pairs that would screw all the way together.Most of them left to big of a space to fill with a gasket.Total price for the bulkhead and gasket was around 2bucks each. Anyway here you go.

halfinchoverflow001.jpg

halfinchoverflow003.jpg

halfinchoverflow005.jpg

halfinchoverflow007.jpg

I love how its dual!

I want to do a planted tank in one of them but I think it is going to be tough finding nice macro for it.I thought about only picking one coral to put on the reef side and turning the otherside into a frag tank.That way when the one coral grows it can be fragged and moved over to the other.It would just be a cool way of showing what can come from one coral over a years time.

• 2 weeks later...

Welp I think I have my 5.5g settled in for the cycle and my 20g holding take is doing the same,So I should get back into this setup this weekend.I dont understand my wife hasnt said one word about all the tanks around the house this past month.lolI think she is just letting me run with it because I am building her that new house.

I forgot ,I did setup the 1.25g sump.It is running self contained with LR, cheato,small pump,small heater,and a small light.So when it is time to start up the tanks It will already be running.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived