Top Shelf Aquatics

Hemi's .5 Gallon X2 Reef

hemi

so what are your plans with this cutsom housing

I have been working on it for the past 5 months I have a picture of it from about a month ago.It kinda dwarfs the tank but it is cool.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

that thing will hold a TON of lights for that little bitty tank you might have too much lighting lol.

and looking good i bet you will be very happy with it

I have some very good plans for this.I didnt get to design a reef tank into the house I am in now,But I have drawn up the plans for this house and I am building it with the help of my brother when he isnt working.So be looking for a up comeing built-in thread!!!

Well it wont be huge.I had a 220g and it was just a pain,So I am thinking smaller but well thought out.I am getting ready to plumb and wire the house so it is time to get something layed out.

Ya I looked into them about 5 years ago.It is a option I will look into some more.I am think 2 to 3 smaller tanks rangeing from 30 to 60 gallon all plumbed through out the house shareing one sump setup.

that would be pretty neat you could have a solatube(or 2 depending on tank size) for each tank and if your already getting them for the tank you can look into getting them for your lighting needs for part of all of the house. it would definitely save you a decent amount of money

yo build a nice 125 into that shiit!! make it nice man.. make sure the floor though isnt wood cuz the saltwater will f it up and with my experiences it gets pretty messy

I am doing a test run tonight to see how my temp and evaporation is in the morning.I am going to run it with freshwater for 12 hours with a single 13w bulb over it for the test.

lights5001.jpg

I am still undecided on what one coral will go in it.I only want one single frag so I can see how well it will do with out haveing to compete (I would say space BUT)with another one.

Really nice start did you end up cleaning up the fuge sump area in back..? And the light hood going along good..Well good luck on the tank look foward to watching this tank grow week by week..

The tank with light on is running 82.5 with it 4" above water and 86.2 right above the water.I am going to start working on a fan type chiller for this in the next few days,Or I might have to just break down and run a fuge off the back for alittle more volume.I really dont want to do that though.

It seems like some people in the contest doesnt want to share there plans so the build starts over! :ninja:

I might give up some pictures soon I dont know yet.

animalmaster6
It seems like some people in the contest doesnt want to share there plans so the build starts over! :ninja:

I might give up some pictures soon I dont know yet.

:huh:

Archived