SaltCritters.com

Tiki 14g Reef

vegas chad

I REALLY enjoy the AIO, I may in the next year or so make a large rimless take and do an AIO in the back. Look around local, you can probably find one for cheap!

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Went to Disneyland this weekend and took a trip to a Fountian Valley LFS, WAYYYYYYY better than anything here we picked up several frags for just $50. pics soon.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We did a Re-Scape today and it looks much better I think. Maybe even a little room for another rock to the right, however the open area was taken up very well by the MP-10.

36259_474329601715_501451715_6233971_1415802_n.jpg

Very nice. I liked your other rockscapes too. Now that I'm looking at mine, I think I need to redo mine as well. Actually, I think I need to do an overhaul!!! LOL

The new scape gives me more room for items…

Now I just have to figure out why my some of my Zoa’s are not opening… I found 2 of the evil brown nudi tonight that got sucked out ASAP, now after reading the common Zoa problem thread I have got a few more things to look for and try.

I went downstairs to check on the tank again... I turned on the lights and found 4-5 more small brown nudis... ARG!!! Looks like this is going to be a daily thing.

And after 45 min of looking through Nudi posts it looks like I will have to dip all my zoa rocks every 3-4 days for 2 weeks... F me nancy... Lots of my rocks are attached into place, anybody know if something can work for getting them gone without dips? A nudi eating fish maybe?

Yea deff dip them... I think I have gotten just about all the Lg nudis as I have not seen any for a few days and all of the zoas that were closed are now open during the day. I do see a few egg clusters that I have to remove tomorrow but things look to be doing better.

Better not to deal with them at all.

FTS

163439_477092631715_501451715_6274016_8312835_n.jpg

Nice FTS. I'm glad to hear your getting those nudis. I've been fortunate so far. I may be getting some zoas for Christmas, one of my daughters wants to take me to a lfs to get me some corals and I'm thinking zoas. :) I might have missed it, but what are you using for a dip?

• 1 month later...

I also am wondering what dip did you use? As it obviously worked very well also, how about a tank update if you're still around :) beautiful tank! Still using stock lighting? Been gettin ready to start my own setup and enjoyed your thread as well as youtube videos. NICE JOB!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived