Pod Your Reef

Cali's 75g lagoon...

Cali-girl

Ah, I see. It would probably be a good idea to run some phosphate removal media to compliment your refugium (I take it you're running some sort of macro algae in it) as well as Carbon or Purigen (both would be even better). Other than the TDS load, i'd be worried about heavy metals and phosphate in the water.

No prob. I've got a thing of Chemi pure Elite in there right now as well as the most GIGANTIC ball o' cheato I've ever seen! Who knew i could grow that in the back of a biocube?!? it's packing about a 1/3 of my 20L sump. I appreciate you taking the time to post all this tho. Next time I can get some purigen I'll grab a bag of that too.

everything is looking so good. The rockwork is pretty cool looking.

Love what you have done under the tank.

Great job

Thanks Red :)

I absolutely LOVE the rocks! I got it from a local reefer who I think ordered it as Marco rocks.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

great looking tank you got there? what return pump did u end up going with? also what fish do u already have and what do u plan on adding?

great looking tank you got there? what return pump did u end up going with? also what fish do u already have and what do u plan on adding?

Thanks! I ended up getting a Mag7 return. works great :)

I kind of accumulated a bunch of fish while i was getting other equipment. When you buy stuff from people downgrading they tend to throw in some "freebies"

I ended up getting 3 chromis, a clown, a yellow tang, blue/yellow tail damsel, 2 turbos, and a emerald crab.

I'd love to get a hippo tang, but other than that i don't have any definite fish i want. maybe a small goby or something.

i am looking forward on seeing what you'll do next

Thank you :)

Lookin' good CG! 'Bout time...jk :)

It's cool that you have the whole family taking interest in your new project.

Mark

Lookin' good CG! 'Bout time...jk :)

It's cool that you have the whole family taking interest in your new project.

Mark

hahaha seriously!

This tank has become the family tank, which I think is fantastic :)

redkneecoral

i say so too.

This is one hobby that family family actually likes the most. They thought my other critters were freaky but cool. lol

Great lookin' rocks you've got in there! I'm setting up a 75g tank right now too so I'll be following your tank too! I like the tang I'm going to put a baby yellow tang in mine once I get it up and running.

redkneecoral
Great lookin' rocks you've got in there! I'm setting up a 75g tank right now too so I'll be following your tank too! I like the tang I'm going to put a baby yellow tang in mine once I get it up and running.

I'll be following your thread

• 1 month later...

Nice Tank!!! I really like the pic labelled "right side". The light rays shining through the water unto the rocks looks so cool! I used to live in Los Angeles and there were tons of LFS around including some really nice ones. Now I am about to start my first saltwater tank and wished I was still in LA!

Keep up the good work!

Archived