Cultivated Reef

Fiction's 5g ADA

fiction101

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Please stop using your flash, thanks :)

The tank looks fantastic by the way.

I prefer flash, it shows the true colors of the corals. Also I'm not into the heavy actinic/blue led photo's.

I prefer flash, it shows the true colors of the corals. Also I'm not into the heavy actinic/blue led photo's.

Adjust white balance after, you can work both of those issues out.

Pimp tank dude!

I got a 45-f on impulse and been setting it up for a few months.

I have cheapo lights on it, CF 72W (from my planted tank days).

How is that LED treating your SPS?

I'm thinking of getting two but don't know if they are worth the money cause maxspect has really competitive pricing right now.

Pimp tank dude!

I got a 45-f on impulse and been setting it up for a few months.

I have cheapo lights on it, CF 72W (from my planted tank days).

How is that LED treating your SPS?

I'm thinking of getting two but don't know if they are worth the money cause maxspect has really competitive pricing right now.

My SPS are doing great under leds, its my zoas and palys that don't seem to like it for some reason. They all seem to lose their colors and shrink up. I would go with MH over leds if possible.

That sucks..What happened?

I was removing old aquamend off the rocks and that's about it, I guess I mixed up a little bit of sand in the process but I didn't think it would shock my sps. :angry:

So how did it turn out? Were you able to save your corals?

Just the zoas/palys, everything else bit the dust.

maybe there were dead spots behind the aqumend and in such a small tank the minuscule amount of hydrogen sulfide/anaerobic bacteria did the tank in.

How much in square inches was removed?

Sorry to hear it.

Going to start again?

you should run carbon or chemipur all the time I would think in a pico especially.

maybe there were dead spots behind the aqumend and in such a small tank the minuscule amount of hydrogen sulfide/anaerobic bacteria did the tank in.

How much in square inches was removed?

Sorry to hear it.

Going to start again?

you should run carbon or chemipur all the time I would think in a pico especially.

Well I had my hand in my tank way too long, I should of removed a little at a time instead of all at once. Even when I was doing minor changes in my tank, my lps would freak out and get stressed.

This is my latest tank an ADA 60-P.

P1010752.jpg

I'm just waiting on the bulbs for my tek light and then it should be good to go. :)

Looks great Fic. Love the aquascape. Which bulbs did you decide on?

I went with 2 blue+, one fiji pink, and one aquablue special. This is what Grim recommended on the T5 thread over at reefcentral.

I went with 2 blue+, one fiji pink, and one aquablue special. This is what Grim recommended on the T5 thread over at reefcentral.

Nice should look really good.

Sexy. Are you doing a new tank thread? I would like to keep the link to your old one good just for a reference.

For sure, once I get my bulbs installed. :)

• 2 weeks later...

this looks awesome i like your rocks alot. what are your thoughts about a black background to hide the cords? jw cuz i wanna do an ADA mini m and dont know wether to paint or not

this looks awesome i like your rocks alot. what are your thoughts about a black background to hide the cords? jw cuz i wanna do an ADA mini m and dont know wether to paint or not

I guess it depends on how many cords you have showing in the back of it. I think the smaller ADA's look better with a clear background though. If you put all your equipment on one side of the tank you can zip tie them to the side and cover them with black tubing from homedepot.

• 2 weeks later...

very nice tank to bad about the crash. what magnet were you using to clean the tank? it looks very thin.

Archived