Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Bulldogpet's 5.5 gal Contest Pico Tank

bulldogpet

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
animalmaster6
How is the progress going with your beast of a tank 125 ?

Slooooooowly.

We got the stand and we are ordering some more equipment this week. It's moving faster though :happy:

oh-oh...what is that shell thing between the zoas? hope its not some snail...

nice zoas! I think I have a similar colored colony as the ones in your first pic!

Thanks , Tank is doing well everything is very happy and so am I :D

I am going to the LFS tomorrow and see if I can find some more goodies!

thats the problem lol you can't see it when they're open, plus it probably moved by now... :(

check your older pic if you have it. it could be a sundial which you do not want...I also found a sun-dial snail on my zoas. I'm glad I found it in the acclimation bag...

Thanks Newman, I am going to get some more this Thursday one of my LFS has what they call "HAPPY HOUR" from 5pm to 7pm where all livestock is 50% off they have some nice deals sometimes so hopfully they will have some Acans...if not then I am sure I can find something :D

Thanks Newman, I am going to get some more this Thursday one of my LFS has what they call "HAPPY HOUR" from 5pm to 7pm where all livestock is 50% off they have some nice deals sometimes so hopfully they will have some Acans...if not then I am sure I can find something :D

Your tank truly looks awesome! Happy Hour at a fish store - does it get any better than that? I can always find something at the LFS, even if I'm not looking for something :P Anyway, great looking tank!

Your tank is looking great. It is really nice with the large tall rock. Is that a Hydor Pico Evolution pump that you are using? What's your opinion on the pump, I was considering replacing my MJ1200 return pump on my NC with the 1200 because it only uses 8W. Your coral selection is nice.

Thanks for the kind words , Yes I am using a Pico Evolution pump and I am very happy with it. It provides plenty of flow for my tank. I would replace the Maxijet 1200 with a Evolution 1200. 20W vs 8W is a no brainer provided it fits in your 12g pump chamber. I think you will be very happy with it. Dr. Foster & Smith has them on sale right now. Good luck hope this helps ! :)

Picked up a Gorgonian the other day feeding it Marine Snow and it's doing great. Here are a couple of quick photos I shot yesterday.

AquariumPics086.jpg

AquariumPics099.jpg

AquariumPics092.jpg

$5.00 Skimmer doing it's thing 1 week worth of nasty stuff

AquariumPics097.jpg

nice!

what are the readings in there at the end of a week? I bet that water is very clean thanks to the skimmer!

Update , The tank is doing great I just added an ATO as you can see in my FTS the large pain killer medicine bottle works for the time being as a snail guard for my float switch. I am going to try and find an old film case I have one somewhere around here just have not had time to look for it. I picked up some Zoanthids since the last FTS. Here are a few pics :D

CanonPics025.jpg

Right Side

CanonPics027.jpg

Left Side

CanonPics028.jpg

Archived