Top Shelf Aquatics

Bulldogpet's 5.5 gal Contest Pico Tank

bulldogpet

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...

Well I had a disaster strike today when I got home this afternoon I found my tank less than halfway full upon further investigation I found a leak at the seam on the back part of the tank where my filter and skimmer hang I was freaking out and my wife was pissed to say the least. So I rented a carpet cleaning machine and got the mess cleaned up. I had a tank that I built and was going to use in the methology contest but instead will be using it for this contest it is a 5.5g rimless cube. Here is a pic it's still a bit cloudy.

AquariumPics057.jpg

marinekeeper
:( I'm sorry

If you want to stay in our contest you have to do something to close it off so it is 5 Gallons.

Theres a loop hole in the rules. Contest is for 5 gallons or under and he has 5.5. Just add some more rock to displace some water and you will have 5 or < gallons of water. Problem solved and remaining in the contest and won't have to close off anything. Plus whose to say its not 5 gallons. Not like you can tell from the pic.

:lol: Thank you hlander and now that I think about it with the rock and sand it took just a little over 4 gallons of saltwater to fill it. Tank dimension are 11x11x10
Theres a loop hole in the rules. Contest is for 5 gallons or under and he has 5.5. Just add some more rock to displace some water and you will have 5 or < gallons of water. Problem solved and remaining in the contest and won't have to close off anything. Plus whose to say its not 5 gallons. Not like you can tell from the pic.

I understand the loophole and that's kewl but ------

Plus whose to say its not 5 gallons. Not like you can tell from the pic.

What your suggesting is someone cheat in this type of contest. I would hope anyone who enters a contest like this would have more scruples then to cheat to get by.

Bulldogpet I understand you are not trying to cheat --- you clearly stated the size and are exploiting the loophole and that's kewl --- Just blew me away that someone would even suggest that cheating would be acceptable since nobody would be able to figure it out.

Plus whose to say its not 5 gallons. Not like you can tell from the pic.

Integrity, you obviously have none! What are you, like 10, oh wait, even my 10 year old knows its wrong to cheat.

Kudos to you Bulldogpet for admiting the size. I am glad they will alow you to continue. Good luck with the contest.

marinekeeper

find a loop hole and then you wont have to cheat as i suggested. theres a loop hole in everything, you just have to look, but i always lay all the options out there. if you dont like, well then you don't like it.

I get confronted by someone with the word thief in their name, thats nice.

I get confronted by someone with the word thief in their name, thats nice.

Ahh, so now you want to take some of the spotlight off your complete and total lack of integrity by calling out my play-on-words screen name. I see you have now revealed your true age of 5.

Bulldogpet, sorry for trashing your thread. I will leave this *uh hum* fine gentleman alone now. Like I said before, good luck in the contest. Mark

Tank has cleared up. I decided to get rid of the Rio nano skimmer and try this $5.00 airstone skimmer. I have had it forever and figured I would give it a try , Still fine tuning it we shall see how she works! I picked it up on Ebay about a year ago.

CanonPics001.jpg

CanonPics002.jpg

CanonPics003.jpg

CanonPics004.jpg

animalmaster6

Tank looks awesome!

Glad you are still in Bulldog :)How's the Pseaudochromis?

Would you mind updating your first post with the prices? Like the macros? Thanks! :)

marinekeeper
Ahh, so now you want to take some of the spotlight off your complete and total lack of integrity by calling out my play-on-words screen name. I see you have now revealed your true age of 5.

Bulldogpet, sorry for trashing your thread. I will leave this *uh hum* fine gentleman alone now. Like I said before, good luck in the contest. Mark

Play on words huh? I never said to cheat, thats what you gathered from the reading material I supplied.

Sucks to be incompetent doesn't it. www.dictionary.com if you need to look the big word up :)

Tank has cleared up. I decided to get rid of the Rio nano skimmer and try this $5.00 airstone skimmer. I have had it forever and figured I would give it a try , Still fine tuning it we shall see how she works! I picked it up on Ebay about a year ago.

I have used those cheapie air stone skimmers in the past and they work great especially for a tank this size. Like all skimmers having a constant water level will be a big factor in having it skim consistently. Plus maintenance should be a breeze.

Sometimes going with retro technology is actually a step forward.

Thanks guys , Animal I will update things tonight the purple guy is doing good he is a hog...lol

Here are a couple of frags I picked up today they are adjusting to their new home so not to happy in these pics.

Birdnest

AquariumPics069.jpg

Duncans

AquariumPics068.jpg

Cat Eyes

AquariumPics064.jpg

Yea I pieced it together It's a 150watt reflector with a 70watt socket and a cheap Ballastwise ballast works great :)

Archived