Cultivated Reef

Chaz's 50b Beast, Now with 100% more MP40!

chazde3

Swaps are bad news for the pocket. Tank is looking good man.

January 30th in Lansing. You should drive up, I'm sure I have some goodies you would like.

Good thing with that extension cord Otherwise, you would have been hugging your tank all night to keep it warm lol

If thats what I would have needed to do I would have lol. I was so afraid I would lose everything.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Haha well it will be looking much better very soon. Should be staining the doors and canopy tonight after work. Now I need to figure out what to do with the stand itself. Should I paint it black and have just the trim of the doors stained oak. I think it would offset well and look good that way. Or should I just stain it all the same. Decisions decisions.

omgomgomg

The doors stained with one coat of polyurethane. Still have one coat to do after work. Keep in mind that the doors will have reef scenes done in mosaic glass.

DSC04657.jpg

The canopy

DSC04658.jpg

The stained color

DSC04659.jpg

And off topic, a couple rescue kittehs looking all cute

DSC04651.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
How many LED's did you use for your setup? I'm thinking about building one for my 40b.

26 cree royal blue and 26 cree cool white. I would use more blue next time.

First macros :wub:

DSC04772.jpg

DSC04789.jpg

DSC04804.jpg

DSC04817.jpg

DSC04834.jpg

DSC04836.jpg

DSC04837.jpg

DSC04838.jpg

DSC04839.jpg

DSC04840.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

So long time no update. Well after moving and finding out the tank has a seam leak along the bottom this tank is coming to its end :(.

But in its place will be a brand new spiffy 75g peninsula style tank!!! Work on the stand starts today :)

Yeah I'm going to be using the same fixture. I have the whites turned almost all the way down so I will kick them up a little and probably add some additional blues down the road.

Archived