inTank Media Baskets

Chaz's 50b Beast, Now with 100% more MP40!

chazde3

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks, its always a constant work in progress. I really want to swap out the sand for some sugar sand. My sandbed looks so dirty that I'd rather have the occasional sand storm that you get with sugar sand.

So I got sick of the front of the stand looking like crap so I finally got the ambition to do a new front to it. I plan on either painting the whole thing black or just the back part and staining the doors a light oak. Need to figure that part out. Oh and my sis is going to do mosaic glass reef scenes on the doors. Should look beautiful when done.

Before

DSC04620.JPG

Before doors

DSC04621.JPG

Doors propped up. Just need to get some hinges.

DSC04622.JPG

Thanks adam. Always nice to get a compliment. The new front really gives the tank a much cleaner look. My next step is rebuilding my cuc and really getting the tank cleaned back up to its former glory. I really gotta start fragging up some things for my local swap in January.

Thanks, I bought that as a 2in frag from a friend almost 2 years ago. It loves being right under the surface soaking up as much light as it can.

Just scored a brand new MP40 in the box for $150!! So much more flow in the tank now. All I need now is to upgrade the driver so that I can get some random wave action going. I'm gonna get a new video posted to youtube later today.

Haha my LFS posted that they found it hiding in back. Needless to say I was sitting in my car waiting for them to open. Early black friday present for me. :)

yeah, no kidding. i probably would have been there waiting as well. i won't be shopping black friday. spent too much already this week. i need to just sit back and let my corals grow. and with having a 6g i can only get so much equipment haha. buuuut i do have to say if i saw a good deal on am mp10 i would have to give in and get it as well!

props to you on a good find, sir.

Well I went into emergency mode yesterday when my power was shut off due to my former roomate. I unfortunately was stuck out of town for an interview and having to try and get power back on. The tank sat with no power for around 8 hours. Thankfully my landlord allowed me to run an extension cord to an outlet that had power. My apartment hit 58 and my tank stayed a cozy 78 all night. Its amazing that I didn't lose any livestock.

Archived