Innovative Marine Aquariums

Acropora1981's 28g Box of Underwater Awesome

acropora1981

acropora1981
That LPS tank is da bomb diggity, looks sooo sick not to mention you get to have a Flame Angel which is always a plus!

:D

I'll be stalking :ninja:

Thanks :). Whenever people come over they ignore the sps tank and tend to mill around the lps/ softy tank ;)

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I can't remember, but I will give you some at a very low price or preferably an interesting trade? It grows like stink for me so I have like 5 frags of it from trimming it.

If you're talking about the light green one, I'd be interested in a frag too.

acropora1981
If you're talking about the light green one, I'd be interested in a frag too.

Sure thing. Again, I have lots of that particular montipor; the lime green one ( I believe m. Foliosa). I'm in Toronto.

Sure thing. Again, I have lots of that particular montipor; the lime green one ( I believe m. Foliosa). I'm in Toronto.

Indeed. I get down there often enough. I am in Orillia.

acropora1981
Indeed. I get down there often enough. I am in Orillia.

Find my ph # on my website at www.torontoaquariums.ca and give me a shout any time you're down :)

acropora1981

I just bought a starfire, rimless, 40breeder. Its being drilled and having an overflow installed over the weekend :D

I have also just ordered a NAC 5.5 cone skimmer.

igotreefermadness

Starphire ftw! I'll never go back to regular glass tanks ever again! Your sps will look amazing in it.

acropora1981
Awesome! Can't wait to see your new tank. Are you gonna add both tanks to 1 or start all new?

Going to move the softies into the jbj 28 :)

Starphire ftw! I'll never go back to regular glass tanks ever again! Your sps will look amazing in it.

I had star fire a long time ago, but I had to sell it. That tank had only one pane star fire. This baby is 100% star fire!!!

It still isn't ready though...they're taking their damn time with drilling it.

I think the starphire makes the biggest difference in person, everything looks extra crisp. I will never have anything but. So you said 100% so you're not painting the back right?

acropora1981
I think the starphire makes the biggest difference in person, everything looks extra crisp. I will never have anything but. So you said 100% so you're not painting the back right?

I am actually going to paint the back black. It wasn't a custom tank; its from a planted aquarium store near me. They do either 100% starfire or 100% regular glass.

I could leave the back as it is, but I love the look of a black back.

acropora1981
Same here I like the black back. On my next tank I think I'm going to paint the wall behind the tank instead, some color not sure what.

And leave the tank back clear?

I may also try painting the bottom of the tank off white to compensate for the bare bottom.

acropora1981

Still waiting to pick up the tank. It's apparently done now, but my vw golf tdi keeps blowing the pipe off the inter cooler, making it un drivable. I love European cars, but this thing is pissing me off.

acropora1981

1000th post!

Also, great news car wise: I was told two weeks ago by another mechanic that I needed a new timing belt and new clutch. I took it to another mechanic, through a friend, and he said the timing belt is fine AND all I need is new tranny fluid, not a new clutch! That means I've got 2000$ extra to spend on this new tank! Lol....ok maybe not, but it means I'm not down 2k.

acropora1981

I lost a good friend today.

Rest in peace buddy

Benji the dog, ??? 1996 - April 4, 2012

6f4f5264.jpg

Captain Hook

Sorry about your dog, their like a family member. I have a shepherd and shes my best friend :D, im sure yours was the same.

Hows that new tank workin out? I just bought an AI SOL blue from modular LED and still waiting for it to arrive. Im going to upgrade to the vega after a while, probably when they come out with an upgraded version like they always do for new release products lol. Are you using an AI at the moment? I saw your post in the AI club thread. Curious what your settings are at, I have yet to buy the controller but it will be coming within a week or 2. I also had some car problems ran me 500, so I'm in save mode now.

acropora1981
Sorry about your dog, their like a family member. I have a shepherd and shes my best friend :D, im sure yours was the same.

Hows that new tank workin out? I just bought an AI SOL blue from modular LED and still waiting for it to arrive. Im going to upgrade to the vega after a while, probably when they come out with an upgraded version like they always do for new release products lol. Are you using an AI at the moment? I saw your post in the AI club thread. Curious what your settings are at, I have yet to buy the controller but it will be coming within a week or 2. I also had some car problems ran me 500, so I'm in save mode now.

Hey, I missed your post so sorry for late reply. Thanks for the condolences, we went out for a big family dinner to toast Benji the dog; he was our family dog for 15 yrs so I've known him since I was 15. Great little pup, affectionate and loyal. He was a Tibetan terrier, a wonderfully loving breed.

New tank is still in box; were moving in 2 weeks so I will setup the new tank at our new home. I am using the ai sol blue unit, it's awesome. I'm running it (peak) at 35/75/75. Other setting are similar ratio, but lower intensity. I can't imagine running it without the controller, it's a beast that can easily cook sps corals! I caution you against running high in whites, it gives me algae issues and poor coloration with high white. When i upgrade I will be running it with 2 39w hot5 Fiji purple to add some red pop to it.

Also, I bought a very sick elegance a month ago for my lps/softie tank; never owned one in my 15 yrs because I always heard they were picky. Someone out there can tell me perhaps if it's looking healthy?

40f05633.jpg

It's being slightly irritated by the hammer, but other than that it looks good right? It was receding badly when I got it (free).

acropora1981
Looking forward to seeing that new tank going with the AI SOL!! I was thinking about the same thing for myself...

Hell yeah! I'll also be mixing HOT5's with the AI Sol which should prove very interesting... Going to try a Fiji Purple and a Geissman Pure Actinic. The new tank should start to come together at the start of May.

Hell yeah! I'll also be mixing HOT5's with the AI Sol which should prove very interesting... Going to try a Fiji Purple and a Geissman Pure Actinic. The new tank should start to come together at the start of May.

Wow, your colors should really pop then!! Can you hurry this up a little please?!! hahaha :D

Archived