Pod Your Reef

Acropora1981's 28g Box of Underwater Awesome

acropora1981

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Beautiful tank, very nice coral distribution in tiny space!

Really? IMHO, looks crummy. Corals are too small and spaced out. Needs like 2 yrs. solid growth.

Very nice... I have been wondering what had become of your tank.

Still kicking. Its quite the high tech box now. And finally I'm getting solid solid growth out of my SPS.

Personally, again, I think it looks pretty crappy due to small coral size etc, but hey, the corals are healthy so thats a start. Now if I can just keep everything stable for like....6 months, then it will actually start to look half way decent. But by then I'll have upgraded to a 40BR.

I got a rainbow open brain to tuck half under the cave overhang in my SPS tank... It took it a week to open up, as the store where I got it had just had a KH spike and all of their brains were very pissed off. Anyway, it finally opened up today, and its just a great looking peice.

The photo is washed out but this brain is red, green and purple.

post-46829-1323743733_thumb.jpg

I kinda quickly browsed through your thread, tank looks awesome under the LED's. What ever happened to the Cardinals? I thought you were gonna breed them, did I miss something? I'm probably going to get a couple, 1for sure anyway.

Congratulations on your engagement btw!

I kinda quickly browsed through your thread, tank looks awesome under the LED's. What ever happened to the Cardinals? I thought you were gonna breed them, did I miss something? I'm probably going to get a couple, 1for sure anyway.

Congratulations on your engagement btw!

My last pair refused to breed, and I sold them when I was having algae issues because I was basically trying to lower nutrients as far as possible (thus I wasn't feeding).

I'll try again some day.

• 2 months later...

Here are some shots of my reef from last night (Feb 18/2012). Many trials and tribulations have led me to this point; there is zero algae, decent coral growth, and healthy fish :)

post-46829-1329669221_thumb.jpg

post-46829-1329669229_thumb.jpg

post-46829-1329669236_thumb.jpg

where did you find the green cap? been looking everywhere in toronto for them....

I can't remember, but I will give you some at a very low price or preferably an interesting trade? It grows like stink for me so I have like 5 frags of it from trimming it.

If you have been following my thread, you may be thinking 'where did all of his softies and LPS go to?'

Its here, in my 20g :) Which is starting to look pretty kick ass IMHO, but I never posted a pic of it until now... Unfortunately the red sea xenia decided it would close up while I was getting camera...

post-46829-1329967644_thumb.jpg

cool tanks man!

Thanks Cap'n! The reason I PM'd you is because we are both have Haida art for avatars lol...and were both canadian maybe?

Both tanks look beautiful acro...love the sps cube.

TY :D Its comming along!

acropora1981

New signature pic!

Also picked up a couple blood shrimp on sale today for $14 each. I put one in each tank. They seem to b doing quite well.

acropora1981
Same here.

Nice new addition BTW.

Thanks! I'm upgrading to something similar to your 40 in the very near future.

That LPS tank is da bomb diggity, looks sooo sick not to mention you get to have a Flame Angel which is always a plus!

:D

I'll be stalking :ninja:

Archived