Top Shelf Aquatics

WTF is wrong with my water!

jordankj

well i actually have xenia and kenya tree and a open brain coral in there right now and they are still doing fine.And i dont have a 30 gallon,its a 56g.

good, then it cant be that bad.....tough it out then, massive water changes, and lots of carbon and chempur elite....if it changes, then you know your losing the battle...., if those corals thrive and get bigger, your winnig

the anemone suggestion still stands though...and dont buy anymore live stock for a while, maybe a cuc....

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yea i cant really afford anymore loses,i really dont plan on getting anymore fish for maybe a month or two.Also i have noticed my coraline taking off,its starting to get on other objects in the tank like my filter in let and powerhead.

yea all i have is an iphone pic.He seems to have chosen this spot of the tank,some days he'll hang on the rock and others he'll be on the ground like now.Also sometimes he bubbles up and at night and after feeding time the bubbles go away.Is that bad?

2jd2ic7.jpg

yea all i have is an iphone pic.He seems to have chosen this spot of the tank,some days he'll hang on the rock and others he'll be on the ground like now.Also sometimes he bubbles up and at night and after feeding time the bubbles go away.Is that bad?

Are you saying on the ground as in its foot isnt holding on the rock and its just floating around on the ground? Or are you saying its foot is holding on the rock but its touching the ground?

As for the bubbles, sometimes they bubble up, sometimes they dont depends on the nem.

Mine usually are semi bubbled with the lights out, and after the lights are on for a little bit they bubble right up.

His foot is still attached to the rock but sometimes he'll be up high on it and others like in this pic he'll be closer to the ground.The rock sorta over hangs and he likes to bundle up in there sometimes.

His foot is still attached to the rock but sometimes he'll be up high on it and others like in this pic he'll be closer to the ground.The rock sorta over hangs and he likes to bundle up in there sometimes.

Nems really shouldnt move often unless something in their environment changes. Say you change flow pattern, temperature, water quality etc it will try to find a better spot. Its odd that it moves back and forth between two spots. Is its foot staying in the same spot but it just extends upwards when the lights on? Or is its foot literally moving between locations.

Please keep a very good eye on this tank if your not going to return the anemone, they are very tricky creatures. I still suggest you return it or get someone to house it for you until your tank is stable and mature.

His foot moves with him,but he's been in this spot right now for about 2 days,so im hoping he stays here.But yea in the next day or so im gonna do a 50% water change and change all my carbon for new ones.

Brother, I'm sorry to be the one to tell you the truth, but I really don't think you get it. You haven't been listening to anything these folks have been trying to teach you, to wit:

yea i cant really afford anymore loses,i really dont plan on getting anymore fish for maybe a month or two.

and:

His foot moves with him,but he's been in this spot right now for about 2 days,so im hoping he stays here.

You don't get to add livestock to a damaged reef system on a schedule! No "...anymore fish for maybe a month or two..." You have to get to the bottom of what's going on - you need to enter into discovery mode, you need to heal this entire organism that is the reef tank you are trying to build, before you can go forward with anything - and you don't seem to get that.

And numerous qualified, dedicated, talented people have advised you to move your anemone to a new home, and yet "im hoping he stays here". Oye...

Eh seems that he is not breaking down or moving anything so might as well forget it....there is a water change "soon" though.

Lots of water changes, lots of carbon, I would get some poly-filter ASAP. The nem actually looks healthy thankfully.

The tank is not mature or stable and is going to take many months before it will get there. Probably more like the year point. Your inhabitants are in danger until then.

I expect you will just continue adding inhabitants and looking for filter media/supplements to cure whatever goes wrong from this poor planning and husbandry. It will crash soon enough, then you can start over correctly.

i have had way higher ammonia in my old 65 and nothing died. nd i have seen many people have higher and not lost anything either. i know its bad but i doubt that it killed all those fish. i would look for something else killing the fish like a parasite or disease. im not saying you have anything, but it would be worth checking out.

your little bit of algae and other little problems will not kill your fish either.

plus a would do a bigger water change that 5gal.

Archived