ReefCleaners.org

2.25gal...about two months

awakedॢ

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Psudeo , I have been reading on these shrimp. It would be easier to simply run to the LFS every 2 - 3 weeks that they need a new starfish. They work as a team to flip over and pin down the starfish. I believe cutting a leg off would make it too easy for the shrimp and not replicate their natural habitat. Plus, I don;t wanna cut a starfish up do you :x

awakedॢ

thanks very much~ ALL~ :happy:

dchisenh,

I had no information about that crab before I see your reply.

thank for your sharing...

I will try to like that.

My red rock goby is from Bali.

I guess..if you can order the goby from Bali, you will get like mine.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
awakedॢ

¡Ø different before...

add sebea crown with anemone...

put up backscreen...

and tank has so many scretch...

anyway...now 7th month old...

::: 2.25gal full shot

2004052022215859.jpg

::: left view

2004052022220045.jpg

::: leather

2004052022215947.jpg

::: star polyp (from my 13gal...put today)

2004052022220225.jpg

::: harlquin shrimp

2004052022220141.jpg

DitchPlains

Not to ruin your photos which are beautiful, but this chic always alters her photos, so don't go running out to expect fo find the same colorings or markings on your fish, crabs, or shrimp. Just a word to the wise, an enhanced photo is not reality, your anenmone crab may end up looking a lot more drab then hers. I love the pics don't get me wrong, but thos pics are all touch ups, thats like beliving in a Playboy shot hasn't been airbrushed, and those girls are naturally that tan...LOL

awakedॢ

i chanced upon very very small star fish in my 13gal tank... (sometime i used to see it...)

so i gave it to smaller shrimp...

and then... that shrimp runned away on top of the pump from bigger shrimp...

(bigger shrimp is upper pic)

::: situation in standing face to face

2004052116404264.jpg

::: smaller on top of pump(hiding so small star fish his hand)

2004052116404167.jpg

p.s. Dolfan???,

the pump is "Magic-Z" made by "Resun" company in china...(5w)

awakedॢ

i put some halimeda from my 13gal tank... and some button too...

ligit is so leak...so some worry... but button are good...

::: 2.25gal (May 24 2004)

2.25_May242004.jpg

::: red star fish with four legs for Harlequin shirmp (now in 13gal)

rstarfish_May242004.jpg

sky,

i don't think she's irresponsible, quite the contrary. does this mean any newb should go and try to do the same tho? no. i agree with your thoughts there (i'm assuming that's your line of thinking).

she seems to be on top of the cleaning and maintenance. the tank looks spotless (other than the coralline ;) ). she's willing to put in the work and time, which is half the battle imo.

if you think she's running tight just think about how brandon (RDO) runs his systems. sheesh, that guy barely keeps any saltwater in his systems. :P his systems are amazing but i wouldn't call him irresponsible.

it's like what you watch on tv, don't try everything at home. jmo

I think those are two different scenarios. Brandon is very conscientious about the livestock and their requirements. So much so, that he doesn't keep anything but tiny inverts and corals in his systems.

My problem was that Juliet seems to be treating this tiny tank like a miniature version of others, including stocking. If it were just the harlequin shrimp, that's one thing (actually, with how much they should be fed and the ability to provide that with the possibility of mucking up water quality is till questionable)...but to then add 3 fish to the mix, including a clown that is ridiculously suited for a tank that small? That's where my problem with the system came. The fact that she also keeps a yellow tang in her 13 gal only adds to my reason for mentioning that the stocking levels were a bit irresponsible.

To compare this with Brandon's carefully and extremely laid out (not to mention DISCIPLINED) systems is a bit far-fetched. As Birdman has quoted:

" But if you tame me, then we shall need each other.

To me, you will be unique in all the world

To you, I shall be unique in all the world...

You become responsible, Forever, for what you have tamed."

-Antoine de Saint-Exupery

It needs to be more than just putting things together to create some pretty tank, we need to realize we have a certain amount of responsibility that must be carried out.

i thought it was only the sebae in there now. which i still think is a bit much for a 2.5g but then again if she can keep it clean, so be it. i agree, the harlequins alone are a frickin' mess but that tank is immaculate imo. women are just more fastidious than men, i guess.

maybe that's why sh.orgy's so dominated by women. hmmm, socio/anthropological sw question there.

the stocking levels were a bit irresponsible.
now that was the basic arguement against nanos by the majority of the hobby. while there are small holdouts that still decry nanos, by and large the majority now accepts our niche as a valid part of the hobby in general. shouldn't she benefit from the same change of opinion?

It needs to be more than just putting things together to create some pretty tank, we need to realize we have a certain amount of responsibility that must be carried out.
yes, i agree. brandon's systems are tight and well-run. juliet may also be putting in a lot of effort (or even more so) to maintain hers as well. doesn't she get the same benefit of the doubt?

i share your concern of someone just thinking they could just whip her system/setup together and 'presto', get the same thing. but i don't think she's presented them that way. maybe she hasn't detailed the laborous routines and schedules she does but no one else does that either.

awakedॢ

I think... anemone lives well...

::: view of up water (Jun 1 2004)

2004060117032116.jpg

kris_willard

Irresponsible no. If she can keep a harlequin alive for that long in a 2.5 the OBVIOUSLY she knows what she is doing. Harlequin aint you average cleraner shrimp and have high demands and if it is still alive in the tank since Oct of 2003 the maybe we should give her some credit! From what i have read they are not the easiest things on earth to keep. I say let her do what she is doing she has 2 beautiful systems and its not like there 6 weeks old. She obviously has something going for her. Irresponsible is soaking you rock in clorox and then putting it in a display a year later.

I agree with Chris Willard on the fact that she knows what shes doing. There can IMO be alot of flaming here that is really unessary. Some scream that the pics she puts are doctored, maybe she knows what she is doing. It is amazing the quality of pictures being taken by good cameras. I think we all know what a good camera can do in the right hands. (I.E. Gill Mora)

Gill takes pictures that are so amazing that they seem unreal, and you all praise him for it? so why knock this user? The husbandry and dedication shown by Juliet is a real example of what hard work gets in this hobby. I appreciate the sharing done by not only Juliet, but all here. And to knock another member for taking the time to share their joys in this hobby is cruel, uncalled for and outright rude.

Dolfan0925

Ya I just got a pom pom crab a lil while ago and it looks exactly like her pic. If her pics are doctored then someone dyed my crab before I bought it or touched it up with some paint or something. Sounds like some of the flaming is a little jealousy. It's amazing how the people go on a rant having NO idea of the experience this girl has. She might have a masters in marine biology or something, we don't know do we? Lets not jump to conclusions and put people down because they maintain a tank that we would like to be able to maintain. I say more power to her and congratulations on such a beautiful tank. I for one don't have an ego and will gladly say I'm envious:D

• 2 weeks later...
Deleted User 8530

I say Very well done to you too! I love your tanks! They are very buetiful and an Insperation to mine! I was Just searching for Anemones in small tanks and now I know it can be done! What Type of Anemone is that?

Those are quite beautiful tanks and they put my 29 gallon tank to shame, [6-line wrasse and Chromis bow heads in shame].

Archived