DSC05222.jpg

DSC05216.jpg

DSC05190.jpg

DSC05215.jpg

DSC05213.jpg

DSC05212.jpg

sorry i dont know how to use a camera.

but it looks great in person.

the GSP are super bright but they were pissed because i moved them. toadstool was moved too but its a tyree's toadstool :)

i got everything u see for 80 total, (except the fish) hahaha killer deal :)

PLUS the GSP came with at least 4+ baby brittle starfish. so cool!

Livestock:

green birdsnest (x2) i took from my bro. free frags!

pink birdsnest

red montipora cap

green one? has little polyps on it.

tyree toadstool

frogspawn

orange bam bam's

radioactive dragoneye zoas?

some other similar ^ ( they started as really blue looking in the guys frag tank i bought them from, but under my light they look more of a greenish color. )

a few of the zoas were closed up cause my ycg loves to run all over them with his suction fins ;p

I'm running my lighting as t5 sundial 24" i just scooted the mounts in for now because i took it from my old tank. i took out two of the bulbs and it should be fine as a temporary light. ( should be 48 watts i think? )

I'm glad to have finally been able to get this thing stocked after its been running for so long!

I'm always accepting suggestions and please feel welcome to inform me of any of my mistakes.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If anyone could answer this that would be great. What should i be dosing for this tank? i have calcium, essential elements, iodine and strontium&molybdenum.

I'm planning on doing a 2 gallon water change weekly.

wannenmacher

I just do weekly WC on my 20l and ont need to dose anything, but if i was u i would get test before you start to dose anythig

All my parameters seem to be fine except Nitrate shows a little high.

I'm going to do a waterchange right now to be safe though.

I keep hearing that API test kits are bad in accuracy, plus this one is pretty old too.

I guess ill have my LFS test my water again soon.

Is salifert a better brand to go with?

Also, everything is opened up right now so i'm not too worried.

haha nice :) im hoping they grow fast! i moved my Koralia because the flow movement was causing sand to float around and the sandbed was moving often. It's now pointing the front of the tank from in between the two tower scapes. It gives my sps some more flow too! it should be good because it seems like the flow near my zoanthids has gotten lower and i wanted to put ricordeas near there as well.

So, i got bored and decided to take some more pictures, trying to figure out my camera :P

let me know what you think!

DSC05230.jpg

DSC05229.jpg

the GPS moved overnight but it filled in a crack, i really like where it chose to stay!

DSC05231.jpg

the culprit of making things mad: (crabby)

DSC05232.jpg

:)

DSC05234.jpg

my clownfish got jealous of my ycg taking the spotlight

DSC05236.jpg

DSC05240.jpg

actinics only

DSC05242.jpg

this gps is really bright!

DSC05248.jpg

thanks for checking it out!

Thank you! :D i like your coldwater tank so much! i originally planned on making

this 10g AIO coldwater, but a chiller seemed too expensive!

and your 24g is amazing! needless to say, it got TOTM haha!

Thank you! :D i like your coldwater tank so much! i originally planned on making

this 10g AIO coldwater, but a chiller seemed too expensive!

and your 24g is amazing! needless to say, it got TOTM haha!

Thanks!! Yea, I am always afraid of mine just randomly quitting one day too....so darn expensive. Haha thanks man!

This tank is gonna be sweet. Honestly just stock it a little more with some corals maybe then just let it sit. It could take a year but it will be FILLED after a while haha :P

Also, watch out for that GSP, it takes over ;)

Thanks!! Yea, I am always afraid of mine just randomly quitting one day too....so darn expensive. Haha thanks man!

This tank is gonna be sweet. Honestly just stock it a little more with some corals maybe then just let it sit. It could take a year but it will be FILLED after a while haha :P

Also, watch out for that GSP, it takes over ;)

haha yeah i'd be scared about that too! but you definitely have it lucky being able to go to that island.

i dont have many places to go to get stuff.

Thanks, yeah that is what i want to do. I'm afraid i might have to take out the frogspawn over time because it is pretty big for the tank and stretches like no other. :P

and yeah i have GSP take over a whole rock on my 20H, i sold it to a friend though :P it was a really nice piece of GSP too.

I know where i have the 3 frags of zoanthids i want to fill it out with more different kinds. and im thinking of ricordeas above them, or should i do it visa versa?

top left rock i want those monti caps to grow out and sps all up there hopefully.

the rest i am still unsure of but ideas would be wonderful!

I always like more SPS. I think some tabling ones or just branching ones. If they do well try some ORA types, they are actually pretty hardy I hear. I think I have one or two ORA corals....

Very clean... Great job on this one!

thanks!

I always like more SPS. I think some tabling ones or just branching ones. If they do well try some ORA types, they are actually pretty hardy I hear. I think I have one or two ORA corals....

yeah i like them too! its just that i have never had them before and i want to take it a little slow with them first. but i do plan on getting more!

Great tank and love the new pics, definitely read your thread before screwing around with mine...

thanks! i got the plans for the false wall from hcsceo! I like how you made yours diagonal

Oh yea, definitely go slow :lol: I am just thinking ahead. I no longer have any room in my tank so I am helping you have a little more room haha.

i havent decided what i want to do with placing of corals yet... im gonna have a lot of zoas and ricordeas on the right i'm thinking.. if anyone wants to give me some ideas i'd appreciate that!

Edit: i have a few more frags btw, just havent taken pics.

Archived