ReefCleaners.org

My 10g Rimless & BB Frag Tank

PIPS

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey guys and gals,

Sorry but I’ve been neglecting this tank and thread as a result of my work schedule, family and the fact that I’m fighting GHA.

I will update this thread once the GHA is gone and thanks for the interest guys !!

:D

Will do.. as I'm working on that, do you have any suggestions for a CUC? Might pick some things up today - including a few pounds of dry rock to throw in my tank.

As requested...

17348_104590606227382_100000293295267_108536_6280814_n.jpg

17348_104590609560715_100000293295267_108537_5679664_n.jpg

17348_104590612894048_100000293295267_108538_4076223_n.jpg

17348_104590616227381_100000293295267_108539_323064_n.jpg

17348_104590619560714_100000293295267_108540_7990461_n.jpg

As you can see I'm getting some algae starting. Any suggestions on how to keep that in check? I was wanting to add a clean up crew but wasn't sure what would work in a tank like this. Thanks!

Looking good bro.

It seems like GHA what I have but mine is at a later/worst state. In my tank I added 2 snails, 2 hermits and 1 bristle worm. The snails are very good at eating algae from what iv noticed, what I do is pick them up and place them on the frags and watch them eat away at the GHA. The hermits and the bristle worm id like to think eat away at the gung on the bottom.

I added the CUC after I did a big scrub down and a water change to remove most of the GHA.

And im looking into modding my AC70 once I get a chance to create a fuge.

kellerexpress

PIPS sorry to hear about the GHA, horrible stuff. Try doing a lights out/blackout for 3 days, this will weaken the GHA a ton, and you can easily remove it. Also if you havent already mod your filter into a fuge and ad some chaeto, this will compete for nutrients and help starve it out.

PIPS sorry to hear about the GHA, horrible stuff. Try doing a lights out/blackout for 3 days, this will weaken the GHA a ton, and you can easily remove it. Also if you havent already mod your filter into a fuge and ad some chaeto, this will compete for nutrients and help starve it out.

Thanks for the tips.

A week back I took everything out and did a major scrub down along with a 5gl water change.

It seemed to help quite a lot and I guess I shouldnt have waited to create the fuge which I was holding off due to laziness lol.

I did get around to modding the AC70 and went a slight different route, check it out…

fgh.jpg

The way I have it set up is….

As the water enters the AC70, it first gets filtered through filter floss which can’t be seen as it’s placed under the cheato. Then it flows through to the right side of the fuge where I placed a heater and a skimmer, which is the AquaticLife Mini which I picked up from a new reef buddy I made in my area, thanks Dan !!

The skimmer fits perfectly, skimming abit wet right now but I will adjust it in a few days after it’s broken in abit. The AC70 and heater are on 24/7. The lights, skimmer and K-Nano are on the same schedule, 12-9.

Guys and gals, I tried taking a good picture but it’s hard to get a good/clean picture with the 20k MH being so effin bright. I’m using a Canon XTI any pointers??

Looking good. How is your chaeto getting light? I wanted to put some in my filter, but had not found a light that would work. Thanks!

The ac70 is getting light bleed-off from the MH when its on.

I have the stock picotope light that I modded to fit on my ac70 on my 3gl tank.

How about putting the cheato in a shower soap holder and with the provided suction cups placing it on the back glass behind the egg crate ?

Any generic soap holder with suction cups? I imagine these could be picked up anywhere - i.e. Wal-mart? Thanks.

Like this

IMG_9579.jpg

Thanks to formerly icyuodd/icyoud2 for the pictures.

how is the heat from that light in the 10g, im thinking of setting up a frag tank like this, how much evaporation do you get?

I have to top off 1/2 a gallon every 2-3 days.

Screename_116

Sweet little tank! I am thinking of pretty much doing what you are doing equipment wise.

Would you reccomend the skimmer and the light? I am thinking of buying the skimmer.

Keep up the good work!

Sweet little tank! I am thinking of pretty much doing what you are doing equipment wise.

Would you reccomend the skimmer and the light? I am thinking of buying the skimmer.

Keep up the good work!

Thanks Man !!

I would reccomend the skimmer IF you have intentions on placing it in the ac70 or in the back chambers of a aio tank. Although its a nifty little skimmer, I dont get much skimate as I have only a cuc and no fish but thats not the skimmers fault.

And the light has been awesome, no regrets what so ever.

Archived