Innovative Marine Aquariums

JTumbleweeds 58 gallon Clams/SPS

youincolor

I'm so proud of my little Tri Color colony of SPS. Ever since the move the tips have been getting really purple.

Tri.jpg

Also the two sand dwelling clams are growing like...clams. They're getting huge.

Clamdudes.jpg

And the all important FTS.

FTS-1.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Damn. Cant believe you took the 40 down! That was one of my favorite tanks on NR. Anyway, good luck with the new tank dude, looks good so far.

And the all important FTS.

FTS-1.jpg

this is stunning. that plate coral is intense. and i love all your sps. i'm new to sps myself but you have really made them look great on the reef.

Damn. Cant believe you took the 40 down! That was one of my favorite tanks on NR. Anyway, good luck with the new tank dude, looks good so far.

I know I was bummed to take it down, but it had to be done. The light was too much, and I needed a proper built in overflow, etc etc blah blah blah. I hope this tank comes back like the old one. Thanks man.

this is stunning. that plate coral is intense. and i love all your sps. i'm new to sps myself but you have really made them look great on the reef.

Wow thanks, I'm giving it a shot.

wow, you've got a beautiful tank man.

Thanks man.

patrickbush - is that a green spotted puffer in your avatar? do you have one in saltwater?

• 2 weeks later...

Don't know why you don't get much traffic here.. you have one of my favorite tanks for sure. I liked that pic of the flasher after being siphoned :D

dang i wish mcCoskers were that cheap here on the east coast, and we never get jack that looks that good out here as well at the LFS. rant rant rant......anyway beautiful tank too bad about teh wrasse.

p.s. i lolled at the siphon pic

Don't know why you don't get much traffic here.. you have one of my favorite tanks for sure. I liked that pic of the flasher after being siphoned :D

dang i wish mcCoskers were that cheap here on the east coast, and we never get jack that looks that good out here as well at the LFS. rant rant rant......anyway beautiful tank too bad about teh wrasse.

p.s. i lolled at the siphon pic

Yeah I don't get a lot of comments. Probably because I'm a dick maybe. Who knows.

That fish was pretty dumb, and probably full of parasites, because it slowly starved to death. I couldn't get it to fatten up with daily feedings and last weekend I found it gasping, and it died soon after.

Thanks for upping my comments a bit though, I appreciate the positive response.

Can't believe I never saw this thread. Amazing tank.

Thanks a lot. I can't believe someone else on this site likes CKY. How do you feel about Carver City?

Haven't taken any pictures since 1-30 so here's a bit of an update even if it's for myself only.

FTS

FTS-4.jpg

Front left side with purple firefish posing.

frontleft.jpg

Left side looong.

leftside-1.jpg

I stirred the sand that was brand new when I added it a few months ago. It had huge bricks of clumped sand in it, it totally needed to be done. I lost the yellow fin flasher wrasse a couple weeks ago and I don't know what to replace it with yet. Ugh. I need kalk and a bucket of salt too before I can even think of replacing the lost fish. I finally added the yellow turbinaria at the top left that I have had sitting 'just for a bit' in my other tank, since like, June. It took the place of the purple cap that RTN'd away this week.

• 5 weeks later...

Haha I know it sucks, nanoreef needs to grow with me. I still have the 40br stored and plans...oh I have plans...

Nemo Niblets
Haha I know it sucks, nanoreef needs to grow with me. I still have the 40br stored and plans...oh I have plans...

Ooh. I can't wait :D

I would be more active on reefcentral but I love the community here, probably because I can take some flaming if I have to. RC is too big.

Great looking tank!!!

Thanks a lot!

Nice looking tank you have. I visit chico all the time, have 2 decent lfs's there too.

Fish Etc. is closing down, in fact they might be closed already :(. Reef connections is expanding to absorb Fish Etc.'s customers though, so that's cool.

Archived