Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Clownfish Sick? HELP!

northstar1357

northstar1357

My clownfish fish has been healed and it is in my display tank. The fish is eating and active now. In the past 2 weeks. i have done more than 50 gallon water change in NC 12. 40-60Percent water change every other day... Just want to everyone who has helped me out know ;)

And thanks!

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This thread has been given way too much attention. Its a troll attempt.

Come on guys, go do some water change for your tank if you are really that bored. -_-

• 1 month later...
northstar1357

Okay, i have one good news and one no so good news

First the good news.

My Clownfish is cured! YAY so is my display tank double YAY!

Okay now the not so good news.

My GF bought my a true percula last week (nice GF) but the fish doesnt want to eat pellets.

okay so no biggie.

One week later, still doesnt want to eat but the stomach doesnt not hungry... weird

My ocellaris is being beaten up and chased around by the percula

Then 3 days ago i saw white feces! AHHH

I set up my QT tank yet again and here i go with the cupramine treatment again....

Question. Why is all my fish that i buy like this? It looks fine at the fish store........ It was swimming at one corner in the fish store and really energetic.

Could it be the accilimation process was too quick? i think i did it in 10 minutes. Usually i dont acclimate my fish and they are fine...........................................

Okay, i have one good news and one no so good news

First the good news.

My Clownfish is cured! YAY so is my display tank double YAY!

Okay now the not so good news.

My GF bought my a true percula last week (nice GF) but the fish doesnt want to eat pellets.

okay so no biggie.

One week later, still doesnt want to eat but the stomach doesnt not hungry... weird

My ocellaris is being beaten up and chased around by the percula

Then 3 days ago i saw white feces! AHHH

I set up my QT tank yet again and here i go with the cupramine treatment again....

Question. Why is all my fish that i buy like this? It looks fine at the fish store........ It was swimming at one corner in the fish store and really energetic.

Could it be the accilimation process was too quick? i think i did it in 10 minutes. Usually i dont acclimate my fish and they are fine...........................................

Fish in the Damsel family (clowns) are rather tough, with that said acclimating them to a new tank via drip acclimation yields the least amount of stress on the fish. I drip acclimate everything for saltwater, its the best way to do it for the fish. Also putting a Percula and an Ocellaris ( two separate species) in the same tank is asking for trouble, especially in a 12Gal. Your bound to have fighting issues, which will likely result in the death of a fish. I wouldnt even consider putting 2 clowns in a 12G, there simple is not enough room, even for smaller species of clowns.

Some have had success getting a Percula and Ocellaris to pair up, its rare and frankly the fish must be from an extremely long line of tank bred fish to be that confused. Dont attempt it unless you have ample experience in saltwater. Id suggest returning one of the fish, and if you insist on having two, get another of the same species.

How long have you kept a saltwater tank?

If you get all these fish from one store it could be in their water, fish stores tend to plumb all their tanks together and so any diseases will spread from fish to fish.

northstar1357
Fish in the Damsel family (clowns) are rather tough, with that said acclimating them to a new tank via drip acclimation yields the least amount of stress on the fish. I drip acclimate everything for saltwater, its the best way to do it for the fish. Also putting a Percula and an Ocellaris ( two separate species) in the same tank is asking for trouble, especially in a 12Gal. Your bound to have fighting issues, which will likely result in the death of a fish. I wouldnt even consider putting 2 clowns in a 12G, there simple is not enough room, even for smaller species of clowns.

Some have had success getting a Percula and Ocellaris to pair up, its rare and frankly the fish must be from an extremely long line of tank bred fish to be that confused. Dont attempt it unless you have ample experience in saltwater. Id suggest returning one of the fish, and if you insist on having two, get another of the same species.

How long have you kept a saltwater tank?

This tank has been running for 10 months. People say clownfish usually fight and its normal but i know its rare to have percula and ocellaris inthe same tank. Percula look so much better than ocellaris tho ARGH...

jesustapdancingchrist1.jpg

Bwahahahah!!!!

Wow, for someone going for a graduate degree, you certainly don't listen to directions well do you?

northstar1357

LOLZ, Just wanted to do things my own way. If Bill Gate listened to what others had to say, Computer might not be equivalent to today's...

LOLZ, Just wanted to do things my own way. If Bill Gate listened to what others had to say, Computer might not be equivalent to today's...

If you wanted to feed your dog nothing but sliced cheese, would that be OK because you wanted to do it your way? Your way =/= the right way.

northstar1357

Since i dont own a dog, i wont know if dogs like sliced cheese. :D

I mom had a dog and she fed him stuff she ate, not dog food. HUMAN FOOD. and the dog was fine. Lived a long life. ;)

Hands_in_pockets

a long life =/= a healthy or happy life and if your not a troll you should be ashamed of yourself fr not properly researching the fish you put into the tank and not properly qt'ing new fish... and why are you using pellet food frozen or better yet fresh food is much better for the fish's health

Archived