Coral Vue Hydros

leather maybe?

AStarWithin

i just bought it from seacrop in my nano pack, there were two leathers listed. Wasn't sure which one - couldn't find a picture that looked like it. So this isn't what a toadstool looks like when you introduce it to a new tank and all stressed out? Uh oh....

Newly introduced? Looks somewhat normal. You can probably expect it to get a little better looking over the next few days, then a possible shiny film, like shellac, will form over the top of the toadstool. Don't freak within a day it will wash away. It's the leather's way of cleaning itself off....kinda like a facial mask. (and before you say it, shutup, Steven)

you might want to siphon or blast off some of the detritus or slime on those two leathers. i agree with ken, they look fine ( i wuz just messing with you. :P ) i don't keep the cabbage because i think they look ugly. in your tank i'm sure it looks nice tho.

btw the 2nd is some type of sarcophyton (leather). the sinularia is likely a little more slimy to the touch.

$40 for 6 CPR corals at seacrop.com I ordered 4 soft corals and 2 mushrooms, but got 3! :D Shipping was $38 for fedex overnight.

Total: $86.00

Not to bad :)

Originally posted by AStarWithin

Tinyreef, I really thought there was something wrong w/ it!  Haha!

sorry :blush: (you should blow off some of that slime of dino algae-looking clump on the lower right tho, cabbage leather)

they just look fugly to me. now mary will probably go and purposedly give me one in the order i placed the other day. X)

Archived