Pod Your Reef

MEW - Rimless Drop-off 10G

mew

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

curse.gif

My LFS totally flaked on me, and told me it's going to be another week before the tank gets here.

I should've known, I know about their history of being late, but I guess I was too optimistic.

In the meantime, I'm storing my rocks in a spare tank and NPS in my main tank. <_< Nitrates are building in that tank from the massive amount of feeding, and my SPS are browning :slap:

Hey Mew, that red flat macro is currently growing all over my tuxedo urchin, lol!! I think it had some attached to it back before I moved and retained it into the current tank setup. Cool stuff!!

WHEE.

I finally got my tank.

contest-10.jpg

Yay! omgomgomg omgomgomg omgomgomg

As soon as I got home, I got down to scaping!

At first I had this:

scape-try1.jpg

It was kind of meh. So I tried again.

Then I have this:

scape-try2.jpg

I liked the second one, but it was a little high, so I'm working on getting the acrylic part a little short with the same scape. :happy: Feedback would be appreciated!

Very nice, D! Definitely keep the box in there! :P:lol: It adds character, lol!

Hey, who'd you get the tank from, just curious! You can PM me that if you prefer to not disclose in here.

can you mod the last piece to make it more horizontal?

Not sure what you meant? The cardboard piece? The rocks?

Very nice, D! Definitely keep the box in there! :P:lol: It adds character, lol!

Hey, who'd you get the tank from, just curious! You can PM me that if you prefer to not disclose in here.

Heh, the cardboard model is going to be made in acrylic, with slots added so that I can put powerheads, carbon, floss, etc in there. ;)

The tank was made by Visio, order placed by my LFS. It's pretty decently nice! Here's a shot of the edges:

visio-edge.jpg

need the aquscape pic by tommorow

Yep, I'll get it in by tomorrow! We have until 11:59 pm, right? ;)

Oh that IS nice! Visio, then it's a glass tank, right?

Yep, glass tank! I never could stand how easily acrylic tanks scratch.

slick tank
Extremely slick tank. What are the dimensions?

:happy: Thanks!

The dimensions are 15" x 14" x 11".

I'm a fan of shallow tanks, and I really really enjoyed my last tank of similar dimensions (15" x 15" x 12") that I just had to get this dimension.

Ok. here's another scape attempt. What do you guys think?

scape-try6.png

The cardboard is going to be replaced by an acrylic piece siliconed into place, and the white sheet of paper, I think I'm going to use car window tint. :lol:

I was inspired by these tanks:

pic1_3.jpg

aquascape.jpg

Where is this tank? It looks like a museum/aquarium tank...

Awesome idea!

Gordon

Actually, I was more wondering about the other tank. Is there a tank thread somewhere for that one?

macyankee86: I think it is part of a public aquarium exhibition, but unfortunately, I don't know anymore information than that. I just found the image floating around on the web when I was looking for drop-off inspirations. Anyone else know?

Paleoreef103: Yep yep, here is the tank thread for that tank:

http://www.ultimatereef.net/forums/showthread.php?t=322764

Yep, it's a tank from the UK! The thread takes a turn for the worse, but still an inspiring tank nonetheless.

Archived