SaltCritters.com

Unofficial nano-reef 12" cube contest: THE LAST FTS due 3/15/10

got2envy

I love you, Bob!

According to "the rulezzz" I have $120 in shrimp right now.

and harthag12, go ahead and make your wife happy. See were that gets you.

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply

holy hell doc dem shimpeses gold plated? hahahhaha j/k harthag must be a newlywed "makin the wife happy"

:naughtydance: :naughtydance: :naughtydance:

bob, as much as a few of us (myself included) would love to lift the limit. i can see other participants point. some ppl just don't have the scratch to keep up with others. and i dont see the mod or majority voting to lift it any time soon :)

maybe after this contest we should start a 5.5 gallon glass reef unlimited budget?

email them to me at (edit - send me a PM) I will post for you.

writing down email address to send spam :P

holy hell doc dem shimpeses gold plated? hahahhaha j/k harthag must be a newlywed "makin the wife happy"

bob, as much as a few of us (myself included) would love to lift the limit. i can see other participants point. some ppl just don't have the scratch to keep up with others. and i dont see the mod or majority voting to lift it any time soon :)

maybe after this contest we should start a 5.5 gallon glass reef unlimited budget?

No budget a glass pico I am in.

ok i sent the pic to scooternerd. And its ridiculous that you guys think erick and i have an arrangement. Ive posted pics before just not with a t shirt in it. I'm a 17 year old kid in highschool in miami, fl. Erick doesnt even live near me.

speak of the devil.....

I repented and gave you a apology. Can't we be best buds now? Your tank looks amazing btw. ;)

Ow Dr. Piper and Dr. Swengel said to tell you hello.

I was at the vet today and asked the doc if he ever heard of you. I told him your name and where you were from. He said ow yes tell him me and dr. piper said hello. I thought he was full of BS so that is why I said that.

I was but didn't keep it. I searched the old thread but it looks like its been removed.

I have a few question for everyone.

1. How many people have fish in their tanks?

2. If you have fish in the tank do you feel it took a bite out of your coral budget?

3. If you decided not to put fish in the tank was it because you didn’t want to affect your coral budget?

4. Who has figured out where I’m going with this.

I was just looking at my tank and thinking I love the way it looks, but it’s missing something.

FISH

I don't have any fish and yes it's because of the coral budget. My wife really wants me to put a fish in there and I would like to but "we gotta watch our budget". I told her Reef-a-Palooza is coming up this month and if I can hold out I may be able to score some good stuff so the fish has to wait.

Can we vote on a $20 under freebee fish? So it doesn't affect our $250 limit and when people see the tank it has signs of life in there?

I don't have any fish and yes it's because of the coral budget. My wife really wants me to put a fish in there and I would like to but "we gotta watch our budget". I told her Reef-a-Palooza is coming up this month and if I can hold out I may be able to score some good stuff so the fish has to wait.

Can we vote on a $20 under freebee fish? So it doesn't affect our $250 limit and when people see the tank it has signs of life in there?

Hmmm... got a pod farm, so guess I need a fish... I can grudgingly take it out of my coral budget, or.....

a reef needs fish

Nah, married 4.5 years but if the wifey ain't happy ain't no one happy. Also she pays all the bills and lets me use my money for my stupid hobbies. I just pay for when we eat out, it's a good arrangement.

I have no problem with seeing the limit removed for FISH since it's what's preventing me from adding anything...

I thought you were on a 7 day vacation?

I made nice and was forgiven by the powers that be.

hahahahahaha WB

Nah, married 4.5 years but if the wifey ain't happy ain't no one happy. Also she pays all the bills and lets me use my money for my stupid hobbies. I just pay for when we eat out, it's a good arrangement.

4.5 years is nothing! wait until u hit 20 years married! then u will see about makin the wife happy lmao

not interested, rules have been changed enough. If we lift this limit, next month we will talk about lifting coral limit.

Agreed - $250 is still a decent budget, even moreso when you consider the fact we have six months to grow out whatever frags we put in the tank. I don't think anyone needs to put Helfrich's in these tanks, so the cost of a tiny goby or two shouldn't be that overwhelming. I will be spending at least $50 on my fish, limiting my coral budget to $200 (still pretty decent considering the pricing structure).

not interested, rules have been changed enough. If we lift this limit, next month we will talk about lifting coral limit.

+1

Archived