Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Snail ID / Anemone ID

megability

small snail that came with some nerites, doesn't match my other nassarius, and doesn't seem to burrow under the sand either, good? bad? IDs?

Snail%20ID%203520.jpg

tiny anemone hitchhiker that moved around for a while but seems to have found a spot and gotten bigger now, good? bad? IDs?

Anemone%20ID%203621.jpg

Thanks all!

it's not a cerith. I recently nabbed one from an LFS thinking it was a nassarius snail, but the darn thing climbs the tank walls and eats algae. not sure of the ID either.

HeyLookItsCaps

mojanos arent known for "moving" tho, thats why im not too quick to say mojano....interesting. plus majanos fingers are more bulbous.

and i believe your snail may be a form of conch....

the probe is a good sign it is a carnivore, most snails are carnivores and hundreds if not thousands have the probes that aren't nassarius, they just aren't in the hobby. take a shot of its underside, and make sure to include the opperculum, and then I might be able to point you in the right direction.

• 2 months later...

ok, here's a better picture of his underside - he appears harmless, i have 2 in my tank actually... any names?

- DOES climb on tank walls (obviously), DOES eat meat and algae, DOESN'T burrow - at least I haven't seen him do it - mainly hangs out on rocks and smells the water, totally unlike the nassirius snails i have...

Snail%20ID%203977.jpg

thanks...

cheryl jordan
ok, here's a better picture of his underside - he appears harmless, i have 2 in my tank actually... any names?

- DOES climb on tank walls (obviously), DOES eat meat and algae, DOESN'T burrow - at least I haven't seen him do it - mainly hangs out on rocks and smells the water, totally unlike the nassirius snails i have...

Snail%20ID%203977.jpg

thanks...

Almost looks like a Cone, it will be interesting to find out what it is.

Archived