SaltCritters.com

1337's 12" Retired contest tank

1337TANKHAX

thanks for sharing. i enjoy kayaking myself. i haven't been in years though.

I want to buy my own kayak. They're just so expensive and I'm not rolling in dough at the moment. It all goes to coral.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hahahhahaha i see ur snails butt :P

lookin good brotha

I want to buy my own kayak. They're just so expensive and I'm not rolling in dough at the moment. It all goes to coral.

my advise DONT i have my own and it collects dust! when we rented we went every few weeks. bought our own and nadda!

Thanks man!

And yeah I ended up giving up the idea of buying a kayak after I went deal hunting. :bling:

I'm really not happy with the colors that this fixture puts out. I'm thinking about adding some actinic supplements.

Thanks guys, I updated the first post with the most recent FTS. The zoas have definitely been filling in, and tomorrow I put in some acans and a FISH! Either a barnacle blenny or a baby eviota goby. So I missed the deadline for the fts, but nothing else has changed since the last one, so I'm off to plead my case to the judge and jury. Wish me luck! I'd really like to stay in this contest. More pictures after I add the new stuff either way!

FTS:

newtankstuff007-1.jpg

The acans are going to be a great addition! Feed them like mad and they'll grow like crazy, definitely my favorite of all corals. Can't wait to see what you add.

They are so sick. Kraylen's holding them in his tank for me right now and he wants them BAD. They're going in that little cave where the rubber band is. The macros are finally taking root so that will be gone soon. And the bubbles that my grape caulerpa lost in shipping are starting to grow back too.

Nice, I had to take out the acan I put in thanks to the sexies tearing at it. Those things are a PITA. I'd put them in my 40g but they wouldn't last long in there...

10/26 FTS (mushroom is taking a crap <_< ):

newtankstuff013-1.jpg

Here's a shot of it looking good! They've grown a little bit too:

newtankstuff012.jpg

Mad zoa growth:

newtankstuff011.jpg

Thanks! And that's all with no feeding at all yet either! Acans get dropped in this week too hopefully! If I can get Kraylen to let go of them. :eek:

First post updated with livestock limit and new FTS.

I also got a beautiful new feather duster, it's red and yellow. I probably won't be seeing it for awhile, as it slipped out of its calcerous tube when I was placing it in the tank. I let it into the sandbed and made sure my calcium was in check, so hopefully it'll be alright. I'll snap a picture at the first opportunity. Hope you like the new pics!

New FTS up on post #1

Frodo:

hw001.jpg

Duster(currently in hiding):

hw002.jpg

Mini-Carpet:

hw007.jpg

Right Side:

hw018.jpg

There will be some new inhabitants soon, I'll keep it updated.

Damn I love that right side shot showing the ledge. Thats cool. And where did you get your mini nem? Can't find anyone local who will sell me one.

New fish:

kayakpt3043.jpg

Really wish there wasn't so much crap in the background, but you can see the new growth on the macro in this one:

kayakpt3012.jpg

I get in my lobo from Indonesia tomorrow morning from Live Aquaria also, I'll post some update pics. The halimeda has also been taking off recently, there's been a new bud almost every day it seems.

I get in my lobo from Indonesia tomorrow morning from Live Aquaria also, I'll post some update pics.

yer damm right you will!

i wanna see this badboyee!

:D

IT IS SO SICK. It's orange rimmed with a purple center. So worth the bucks. :bling: I'm waiting on Evil to make me one of those led actinic strips for my fixture so I can keep the colors up in my tank also. He said he'd probably have time around December. *crosses fingers

Pics for the new page:

New stuff from Kraylen (blastos, shrooms, echianata, PDs), some he was holding for me (acans, zoas):

(still settling in)

nustuffpt2015.jpg

LPS:

nustuffpt2013.jpg

Shrooms:

nustuffpt2014.jpg

New FTS also!:

nustuffpt2001.jpg

Archived